Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Octave Tonegard (First one!)

I think the purpose of a Toneguard is to trigger a long internet debate about whether they improve the sound. Will form broadly into three camps: those who think they do, those who say it makes no...
  2. Replies
    Views

Early medieval lute just finished :)

https://i.imgur.com/tRnooJV.jpg
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing Loud and Staying Loose?

Keep in mind that playing harder doesn't necessarily translate directly into being louder. At a certain point you'll get diminishing returns for your added effort that will wear you out without...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing Loud and Staying Loose?

I don't put much more energy in or hit the strings harder, however I do focus a bit on the thumb and forefinger pressure while making sure the back of the hand and pad of the thumb stay relaxed. Also...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Celtic/Irish Mandolins

Seamus, if you are in North America, take a took at the Red Valley AMW. It was built with ITM in mind. I fell in love with the sound of them and have recently commissioned one. The maker, James,...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave Mandolin strings

Tried an experiment string wise, I had a set of mandolin EJ73's which are light gauge. They are 10-14-24-38. I discarded the 10's and used the 14 for the E pair, the 24 for the A pair and the 38...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave Mandolin strings

I put the EJ-72 mandola strings (14-49) on my Eastman arch-top. It has a <21" scale. It came with 12-46 strings. I like the difference!

f-d
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 505 vs 504 vs MD315 F

That Morris looks nice