Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Atlanta Mandolin Luthiers

Of course you have to use an oval hole for beer. F hole mandolins are for wine.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Setup Walkthrough Videos

This is great, Marty! Thanks for putting it together.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Help - Monroe's Kentucky Mandolin

Wow! I really appreciate that. Yeah, it's quite different from what he's teaching. I'll try to work through these tabs this week. I usually work by ear, but this gives me a great foundation.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Lonesome Moonlight Waltz

Strings and Julin do a really nice, sort of long, rather simple version of this tune that I used to learn the basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkjCUHpGiwI
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Walmart Mandolins on Clearance!

Goodness.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for mandolin fret repair in Atlanta

He's saying Marty is "in Marietta if I recall correctly".

Barry Kratzer, though, is near Savannah.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Walmart Mandolins on Clearance!

I have one exactly like this, actually. Everybody's happier when I'm not playing it.
  8. Thread: Dirty old town tab

by JPS
    Replies
    Views

Re: Dirty old town tab

I taught myself this song, on a whim, last week. I'll have to sit down and pick it to be sure, but this tab takes a few odd turns I wouldn't think to take. That's not to say they're wrong,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: If you only knew it back then...

The best thing about this thread is that half the responses are "I would have spent more time becoming technically proficient, instead of just doing whatever caught my attention," and the other half...
  10. Thread: Atlanta Luthier

by JPS
    Replies
    Views

Re: Atlanta Luthier

I'd highly recommend getting in touch with Marty Jacobson, on the northwest side of the city, near Marietta. I took mine to him last week, and he did a superb job setting it up.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Gig Costume

As far as you know.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Steve Martin Signed mandolin on Ebay

Sounds like an account that's either been hacked or sold by the original owner to a scammer.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: First Post, First Mandolin The Loar LM-220

I bought it from a private seller, so no luck there. I'm sure I'll come across one when I get the time to focus on it. I've gotten lots of string changing practice the last few days. Hope that slows...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: In Praise of Mediocrity (?)

I hear this sometimes when someone drinks a beer I've brewed. "You're going to open a brewery one day!"

Well, no, I'm not. First, I taste off flavors in every beer I make. They're pretty good, and...