Search:

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

And we have an active Volunteer Police Force that as quite adept at making sure that "strict song structure" is observed.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin misunderstanding by young folk

"....we adapt to suit the genres and taste of modern music.....which is another story, but glad to see it not abused in the rap world, at least so far as that would be the pits.

Here we go!

3. Re: How would I play this? (Would I play this as written?)

Hear it played here by Dave Swarbrick at around 2:26/

https://youtu.be/1upYyh4J7R4?si=zkVEnhC9xYmmSCIL
  4. Replies
    Views

Was away quite a while...

Clearly pretty out-of-touch now! Need to put some new strings on and start practicing again. Build up the callouses....still, the Ellis is great motivation.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Spinal Tap - Stonehenge

Once again, it's an important date in history:

March 2, 1984 - Mockumentary This is Spinal Tap released. Remember D minor is the saddest of all keys.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Glen Duncan

Winner announced here on The Mandolin Store's Instagram.
  7. Thread: Glen Duncan

by Astocek
    Replies
    Views

Glen Duncan

I've been thinking about Glen Duncan since hearing about his accident. The Mandolin Store raffle is a great way to support him.

Here's a cool video of Chris Henry interviewing Glen. I am sure...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Shane MacGowan has passed (NMC)

"Sinatra was swinging,
    All the drunks they were singing,
    We kissed on a corner,
    Then danced through the night.

The boys of the NYPD choir
    Were singing Galway Bay,
    And the bells were ringing...
  9. Replies
    Views

Shane MacGowan has passed (NMC)

I saw it in The Irish Times this morning that Shane MacGowan has passed away. He had a fine voice, was a great interpreter of songs and a fine song writer to my way of thinking.I’ll pull out the...
  10. O Holy Night (solo mandolin instrumental)

Here's my latest instrumental mandolin holiday offering: O Holy Night. I thought it would be a fun challenge to try and come up with a solo version of this song that captures the beautiful melody and...
  11. Replies
    Views

NMD 2023 Gibson F-5G

I pre-ordered this mandolin from The Acoustic Shoppe as soon as I saw Jeremy introduce it in the YouTube video at the IBMA booth last month. He shows it around 16:40. I think it may also be the F-5G...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Amazon Pricing on Kentucky Mandolins

you want fast, free shipping AND a good quality instrument???
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Where has this member been?

Heard from Allen. Without divulging any personal/private info, I'll just say he's pretty busy but doing fine. Also that he appreciates the interest in his wellbeing!
  14. Replies
    Views

Shout out to Lakota Leathers

Can't say enough good about Kenny Bohling at Lakota Leathers, I really like thier soft bison hide straps, and wanted to put one on my octave but the 48" was just a hair short for comfort, so I...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile jam camp

The last show and I’m sorry it’s over. It was the punch brothers with Aoelfe O Donovan and was stellar. The coffee and cocktails were top shelf as was the whole event. It’s going to take some time to...
  16. Replies
    Views

Chris Thile jam camp

This is life changing. The energy level is off the charts. The artists are are incredible and exchange of information and ideas is like standing under a waterfall. The music never stops I just...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Sinéad O'Connor

Her collab with the Chieftains is often over looked. If you want to feel the hair stand up on the back of your neck, listen to this version of the celtic classic "Foggy Dew"

18. Replies
    Views

Re: Sinéad O'Connor

I read a lot out there how they call her a one hit wonder and damn, no. I am annoyed by the comments on some sites that show supine ignorance and a desire to underestimate one of the great music...
  19. Ook'n'm (Marshall, Rice, Anger, Phillips) live release

Hi all,

Mike Marshall just made this live recording available to purchase on Bandcamp from a concert in 2001. Everyone sounds really great here and it's a killer setlist of New Acoustic tunes....
  20. The Acoustic Shoppe Rank Top Ten Mandolin Builders

I came over here looking for the discussion on this video and couldn't find a thread so my apologies if this has already been posted. Found it interesting anyways.

21. Replies
    Views

Busking with limberjacks

My buddy Bruce and I have been busking for various causes over the last year or so at a local farmers’ market, particularly for humanitarian relief for Ukraine and for the UNHCR. We recently added...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Women with Mandolins

Just got this in via fb, our own Pasha Alden McCallum. Might be a mandola, judging by scale. Hard to say though, as I believe she's petite.

23. Replies
    Views

Robert Crumb on Mandolin

Cartoonist R. Crumb plays the mandolin on this video in the style of his band the Cheap Suit Serenader's. I love the guys artwork and his music but never watched a video of him playing. I never...
  24. Banks of the Ohio performed by the Flatt Stanley Incident

The Flatt Stanley Incident had a fun gig at Wolftree Taphouse in Newport Oregon on Sunday. Here is an audience video of Banks of the Ohio. Other videos available on your youtube channel. I just...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

After close to 17 years of this thread running I'm posting the first video of my playing along with my band Mire Pral, which focuses heavily on Django Reinhardt's music. This is the Django...
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4