Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: less heavy tuners

We can immobilize the mandolin, use a strap that sticks to our shirt, or otherwise keep the neck from dropping, but that doesn't adjust the balance of the instrument. It only overcomes the tendency...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: DO I need a better mandolin?

My son's music teacher suggested what I still think is the right metric -- you are ready for an upgrade instrument when you can play & hear the differences between the two.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Para DI fix/help quack?

Any effect pedal with an input impedance of 1Meg Ohms will act as a buffer. You don't need to engage the "effect" just need to power up the pedal.

As far as further tone shaping goes-I note that...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Hide glue question

Agreed! I've watched a few of Jerry Rosa's videos, and some of his repairs make me wince because he uses non-repairable techniques on valuable (especially old) instruments. I'd have thought that if...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Hide glue question

He can believe what he wants ;) .
  6. Re: Stewmac shipping outrageously expensive and NOT eco-responsib

I don't think I will be losing a lot of sleep over this......:mandosmiley:
  7. Re: Stewmac shipping outrageously expensive and NOT eco-responsib

I get a lot more frustrated when I pay good money for an item and they drop it in a 35 cent unpadded envelope that allows it to get destroyed during shipping than when I pay an honest price and they...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Steaming the neck Flatiron A

Mike, if you remove the fretboard, you will see the neck joint. Early Flatirons had bolts in the neck. Pull the end pin and look in from there. If it has bolts, you will have to remove them first.