Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Sicilian Luthiers Building Mandolins in 2021

Gentlemen, your keen observations are very much appreciated.

In this case, I'm glad to rely on the wonderful sound file that he posted of himself playing this mandolin. This reflects ...

2. Re: Sicilian Luthiers Building Mandolins in 2021

Update time. Calace: I did hear from Calace, and could buy one of theirs to be shipped to the U.S. Set this information aside while I pursue Sicilians, and to give rest to an overworked wallet. ...
  3. Re: Sicilian Luthiers Building Mandolins in 2021

Yet another classic good news, bad news situation.

The bad … sadly, it’s the end of an era! From correspondence with Rapisarda Strumenti Musicali, Catania, Sicily:

Salve, l`azienda ha chiuso,...
  4. Re: Sicilian Luthiers Building Mandolins in 2021

I have zeroed in on Sicilian mandolins because my mother's parents and their families emigrated from Termini Imerese in the 1890s. This has created a potent brew of MAS and deep sentimentality. For...
  5. Re: Sicilian Luthiers Building Mandolins in 2021

That 1890 model had MAS swarming all over my head. Then suspicions arose. I messaged the seller (a luthier) about obtaining a sound file, and he said no. Then I asked for a photo of the label, and...
  6. Re: Sicilian Luthiers Building Mandolins in 2021

Grazie, brunellow97! It appears he is! I'm finding a few models available through a couple of retailer websites, but not a complete list of all models. Seems he makes some cheap ones (for example,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: )McClung arm rest - really disappointed

Was going to town on my mandolin for days, and then found a mark on my wrist. Don't believe it can be removed, but perhaps I can sandblast it out. Meanwhile, installed a McClung and it's much more...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Man I need a good tuner...

Great question, but you didn't tell us the level at which you and your buddies play, or the environment in which you play.

I'm a porch picker of limited skills, just making fun the way they used...