Search:

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Observing the one-year anniversary of this...

Observing the one-year anniversary of this feature interview.
  2. Article: Everything That Brought Me Here - Checking in with Green

You can view the page at https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content/666-Everything-That-Brought-Me-Here-Checking-in-with-Greencards-Founder-Kym-Warner
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Andrew Buckner- "Hallelujah"

Good job. I love that song. I'm using note tracks app to try and figure out the tabs. I think it would sound great, Plus I can't sing
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis F5 Reserve in Classifieds

I don't deserve it, but as soon as I cash in my Lotto ticket, I'm buying this Ellis and a new house with a wrap-around porch from where I can play it.

I love the tortoise binding.
  5. Replies
    Views

Ellis F5 Reserve in Classifieds

Merciful Heavens, have you seen this thing? It's the most beautiful back I've ever seen! Wish I had the money! NFI

6. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield M new versus Northfield F5S used

Listen to "coffee and a good book", by Andrew Buckner. 5 tunes very well played on a M model.
    Andrew put this out in the past year.
    It's excellent.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Duff, Apitius or Clark

I was in Boise for work a few weeks ago and was able to stop by Austin Clark's workshop and play several of his mandolins. First off, Austin Clark is a great guy! He was happy to take time away from...
  8. Replies
    Views

Coffee

I'm starting a new mandolin tune a day series on my YouTube channel. Here is the first.

https://youtu.be/sdQBiHETJ_8
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Are they really worth it?

To me, yes, BlueChip picks are worth it. To others, they're not.

You won't know until you try one.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Neck separation question

I would be concerned about what caused that neck joint separation. It could be some traumatic injury and there may be some other issues. I would take the mandolin to a good luthier, if possible, to...
  11. Replies
    Views

From the photo, that doesn't appear to be a "manufactured" instrument. You could find just about anything in the neck joint. If there is a builder's name on it you could try to contact them.
  12. Replies
    Views

Neck joint repair can be very expensive on mandolin. If it is some known brand and luthier knows what type of joint it is he can give you better estimate. but if it is unknown type there can be a...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Word of thanks- Andrew Buckner

Andrew,
    I just recently watched some of your clips on Instagram, and really dig your playing and the Northfield Model M. Quick question regarding the size of the Model M. From photos I've seen, it...
  14. Replies
    Views

Andrew,

Purchased the album a few weeks back. Wonderful stuff, just an absolute delight to listen to. As everyone has already noted great playing, and the Northfield sounds wonderful! Thanks so...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: New Trio: Shisha Group

Some really nice music between instruments that typically might not share the same page. The group is crowd funding the project and for 20 Euro you can help them make the project a success by buying...
  16. Holy Smokes- Ronnie McCoury - I Heard That Lonesone Whistle

Was listening to my local bluegrass radio show (Music from the True Vine - KBOO). And they played I heard that Lonesome Whistle Blow by Ronnie. Had to look it up because it had such an amazing bluesy...
  17. Re: Coffee and a good book-a wonderful new solo mandolin MP3

Many thanks!
  18. Re: Coffee and a good book-a wonderful new solo mandolin MP3

Thanks for the reply! I looked into the DPA, and it costs close to what my mando costs. However, I use the k and k internal on it, and it works, but never sounds very natural. Always a bit...
  19. Coffee and a good book-a wonderful new solo mandolin MP3

I want to draw attention to this cool group of solo mandolin tunes from Andrew-in case some of you missed it, or just didn't look this week when it was posted on the home page.

these are really...
  20. Replies
    Views

Just listened to the opening track on the news page. Lovely tune and really nice, expressive playing. The mandolin sounds fantastic - depth, warmth, sustain, etc. What is it?
  21. Re: Article: New Music from Andrew Buckner- Coffee and a Good Boo

just purchased, this is great Andrew-thanks, my style of mandolin music, give us more!

daryl
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: New Trio: Shisha Group

Thanks!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield Artist #30

I'm glad that belongs to someone here! I saw the back of that instrument on Northfield's Instagram, and have a picture of saved amongst my rotating desktop backgrounds. Everything about that...
  24. Replies
    Views

Northfield Artist #30

This post is to share my newest mandolin.

Just in from the NorthField workshop, my custom Engelmann top, 5-Bar omnidirectional, wide-necked beauty. This took 9 months from the start of the...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: 1st A-5 finished

153097 153098 Thank you James for everything. Can't wait to hear you play her.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4