Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Matt Flinner's On-Line Courses

I've been taking courses with Matt for a few years. I took up the mandolin roughly at the same time he started the online courses so my trajectory as a player has been highly influenced by his...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Matt Flinner's On-Line Courses

Thanks for that review!

I was also in this class, and the main reason I took it was to get a better understanding of what makes up tunes, as well as to help me get around the fretboard more. I...
  3. Replies
    Views

Matt Flinner's On-Line Courses

Matt's 8-lesson course Fiddle Tune Harmony just wrapped, and I thought I'd tell anyone who missed out or is thinking of future courses (BG101, 102 and 103 coming up) how his program works.

First...
  4. Re: Matt Flinner Trio looking for house concerts in CA, OR

Matt,

I pm'ed some other possibilities for Portland.
  5. Re: Matt Flinner Trio looking for house concerts in CA, OR

Matt,

I just forwarded your info to Steve Palazzo in Santa Cruz. Maybe he can whip up a gig for you or contact someone who can.

Best,

Billy Packard
  6. Re: Matt Flinner Trio looking for house concerts in CA, OR

Artichoke Music or the Community Music Center - both in Portland, Oregon - might work out for you.

Good luck and let me know if you land in Portland.

Kirk Miller
    Portland, OR
  7. Re: How do you justify a high end mandolin? Or do you?

Here's the thing: If you have a $3000 mandolin and you buy one that costs 3x as much, it's not going to sound 3x better. Will it give you 3x as much pleasure? Probably not.

I have a $1000...
  8. Replies
    Views

Rest in peace - Joe Carr

South Plains College instructor of bluegrass and prominent Mel Bay author Joe Carr passed away today. Joe was a beautiful guy and an important figure in the history of bluegrass and early country...