Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: white rabbit / molly tuttle

What a fun band!
  2. Re: Purchasing a good beginner mandolin in Canada

I live in a much smaller Canadian city and for me the Seagull S8 was a great choice. Right now on the L+M site there is one being sold at a discount and your local store can bring it in for you - I...
  3. Replies
    Views

Seagull S8

Here’s a quick review/demo of a Seagull S8 I recently picked up. I teach guitar in a high school and play my own mandolin at work all the time, and I’ve been on the lookout for a mando to add to my...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: If You Don't Perform In Public....

Man, a good instrument inspires you to play! It’s that simple (to me).
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: How do you clean your mandolin?

To quote Captain Beefhart: “Don’t wipe the sweat off your instrument.
    You need that stink on there. Then you have to get that stink onto your music.“
  6. Replies
    Views

Kentucky Waltz

https://youtu.be/iQQm7V7tYVI

From one of my favourite albums, Doc and Dawg. Enjoy! Any feedback welcome.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Go Deeper, Not Wider

I really like the whole concept but I realize it's not for everyone.

I've actually been thinking about this recently. When I really started to take the guitar seriously, I had one instrument...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Ricky Skaggs arm injury ?

Just saw them in Moncton this past Sunday and it was terrific. Someone in the crowd requested a song, and Ricky responded "I don't want to put Dom on the spot". Dude in the crowd yelled back "I...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Whiskey Before Breakfast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ui1HyGTgDc

Here's my take on it, paired with Fiddler's Dram a la Norman Blake!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: In Defense of F-Styles

Well I play a 2-point, which might be considered the worst of both worlds - extra work/time/money to make those fancy points, and yet no scroll! :grin:
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: didn't know Vince Gill played mandolin

I obviously don't check in enough here...you all are actually debating Vince Gill's musicianship? Really?
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: MK LFS-E Mandolin being offered to me

I owned a MK (a Legacy model) and it looked like a nice mandolin. That's the only nice thing I can say about it!
  13. Replies
    Views

Fun music related apps?

So I just retired my flip-phone and bought a smartphone...can anyone recommend some fun (free would be great too) music/mando related apps? Have any of you found apps that aren't simply...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Outgrowing a mid-priced instrument?

Years ago I owned a Michael Kelly mandolin and gave it, and playing the mandolin, up. I did not enjoy playing that particular instrument and it was not allowing me to progress. I will say it was...
  15. Replies
    Views

My new Mandolin

I'm new around here, but wanted to share this with some people who might appreciate it...long story short, I've recently left an electric band I've played with for 15+ years and wanted to mark the...