Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Name that wood

by mtucker
    Replies
    Views

Re: Name that wood

Yes agree, rather nice tonewood. I have a slab swamp ash tele that’s not light but not a beast either. It’s very resonant.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

:)):crying: mmuller, you’re so funny just had to laugh, but you can really play that box and one talented mofo. Hope all is well with you through all of this. Best to you!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Aria AM900C - Made in Japan

BTW, I don’t have to tell you that the Japanese made Pro II’s are kickass basses and perhaps one of the most underrated until Burton played them and people began to realize what they are. I’ve played...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull on Steven Colbert

I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. However, the joy from all of this is that artists who would otherwise remain obscure to folks except those who follow their genre get lifted by being...
  5. Replies
    Views

Allen, as you know, Steve is the real deal and a banjo Grammy don’t lie. I saw him and the Rangers in concert 6 or so years ago at the Pantages theatre here in Hollywood and they rocked it. Such...
  6. Replies
    Views

BTW, let’s not forget Bub in all of this, he rocks the bass on this song. Great to have such an all star cast around a really solid frontman, it lifts all of them up.
  7. Replies
    Views

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. Always happy to see an artist make it, whether it’s something I completely dig or not. BTW, I think his voice is very interesting and genuine.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Heiden Heritage

Very nice. Love the color choice and maple on that baby.
  9. Re: Comments on this inherited Gibson 6160 mando and case?

I owned one of Mike’s early Jazz basses and often wish I had kept it. It was so light and resonant (like 8.5lbs), it just sang. I traded it away for an early Wal which I still have but often...
  10. Re: Comments on this inherited Gibson 6160 mando and case?

Was a shocker to hear Mike had passed. He could repair anything but built some pretty wonderful bass guitars. RIP
  11. Re: Comments on this inherited Gibson 6160 mando and case?

May want to have a qualified repair guy give it a once over and setup. By ‘qualified’, I’m referring to someone who has experience working on mandolins. I don’t know where you live but folks here can...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: I don't like F styles. Anyone else?

Yup, 3 huge lots in nearby Wilmington alone. https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_-_Wilmington_-_Help_Yourself-262/recents/ As you can imagine demand is high with a population...
  13. Replies
    Views

They’re alive and well. There’s an industrial area in Wilmington that has 3 humongous lots, mostly 80’s and newer stuff. My ‘50 Chev’s seat cost me $26 bucks and 30 minutes of time. It came out of a...
  14. Replies
    Views

Ah yes, my bud has a ‘56 Safari wagon, the rare cousin of the Chevy Nomad.
  15. Replies
    Views

I’ve never liked 4-door cars no matter how far you go back..they’ve always looked odd to me unless they were wagons. :grin::grin:
  16. Thread: the Small Dog

by mtucker
    Replies
    Views

Re: the Small Dog

I’m reasonably sure that an auto or boat interior shop could whip that out in a heartbeat. Take them the case and they’ll make you a pattern, you pick the material from their samples. There’s really...
  17. Replies
    Views

Call it age/wisdom or whatever but when people ask my opinion on things like this, it’s usually for validation so I tend to refrain from comment. I was heavy in the car culture in Southern Cal.and...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: recommend me an acoustic bass

Most acoustic amps won’t do a bass properly, see Phil Jones Bass website. They’re not designed for the lower frequencies and fart out completely. Fact, it’s not difficult to blow your speakers. I was...
  19. Replies
    Views

This would be a good gigging rig too...
  20. Replies
    Views

:grin::grin: mr. biggs
  21. Replies
    Views

Just for posterity and folks who have no idea what the term ‘slab’ really means in the guitar world.. The above pictured 60’s pbass wouldn’t be considered a ‘slab’ because it has body cuts and...
  22. Replies
    Views

I like the bass player in Split Lip Rayfield’s approach. 16 or 21 gallons, regular or high test, Holley carb sticker included.. no extra cost...:))
    Oe3uZCwHJDk
  23. Replies
    Views

Rad Dad, you’re the best bro.
  24. Replies
    Views

Adapting to a 42” scale and fretless would be a huge commitment, especially if she hasn’t played before. Unless she has giant hands like you! :grin::grin:;) I’ve played for many years and it’s always...
  25. Replies
    Views

Big dad - Pickup a fender jazz (lower level Squire model) and a small bass amp used. Add flatwound strings to simulate an upright sound. As Don says, most acoustics won’t give you what you’re looking...
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4