Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Is there an easy program that will change pitch of a YouTube

The Chrome extension Transpose ▲▼ works great for me. It can also transpose by semi-tone or alter the pitch by fine-tuning, and you can even set time marker boundaries around a particular section of...
  2. Re: Andy Irvine's Sobell instruments missing amid airport chaos

News from Andy this morning via FB: his instruments have returned home to him in Dublin!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: 1987 Flatiron Artist A5 (Mint)

It's a pretty boring story and a bit of downer, but what the heck. Summer of 2013 roadtrip that was to take me to Telluride bluegrass festival, and then on to northern CA for High Sierra music...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: 1987 Flatiron Artist A5 (Mint)

One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was running over my '85 A5-1 with a Toyota minivan. True story.
  5. Re: watch the smooth glide like action of Mike Comptons fingers

Mike Seeger was another one of those folks who could get around on a mandolin as if the strings were buttered. This entire film ("Homemade American Music") from 1980 is a treasure, but take a look at...
  6. Re: Stroboclip HD prefers harmonic to fundamental problem

A word of caution about the original Stroboclip -- there's a plastic flange on the clamp/swivel assembly that's easily prone to snapping off, at which point the clamp no longer is able to be secured...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Luthier in Nebraska?

Rich at Dietze Music in Omaha does good basic work on guitars (and lots of bowed instruments), as does John Svatos at Ground Floor Guitar. I haven't visited Linda London in Lincoln in a few years,...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis F5 Special #380

Crystal bells, all the way up the neck. What a fine instrument, and only right that it sits in the hands of a master player! I watched you win that one at the contest, Jordan. You're a crosspicking...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Norman Blake Directions?

Gladly :mandosmiley:

link to download: https://mega.nz/#!LIAhHCpR!P7aiy8DqajI-Fl_15gUpa84q0cUlBqLdnp-lNHxCEXk
  10. Thread: Show your cboms!

by loess
    Replies
    Views

Re: Show your cboms!

Here's my Foley 10-stringer made in April 1997. 22.8"/58cm scale length. Been playing in GDADA, but I'm ready to order some new strings for a tuning change. Hoping I can I get a low D on there for...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: 3 Gibson A-5Ls in the classifieds....

Seller's smooth description of the 2004 one is pretty impressive too. That Bozeman-era Flatiron F5 custom with the block inlays looks sweet too, vis-à-vis the Gibson apple not falling too far from...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: For Vinyl enthusiasts

Great stuff, Ivan. I love hunting for LPs and 45s, and one of my crate digging rules is that if it says "Starday" on it, it's coming home with me. The label has an interesting history and through the...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thiles mandolin clip on microphone?

Here's a post from a few years back where someone did just that, attaching the ATM Pro 35's gooseneck to the DPA mount with a hot glue gun.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: November 1981 Unicorn Mandolin

Saw that one in the Classifieds and was intrigued. There's something so pleasing about Rolfe's distinctive f-hole design. Month and year of my birth, too. I didn't realize Dave Sinko had been...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: J.Bovier F5V-AV-S $1125 new on Amazon New

A discount is a discount, but here's some relevant reading wherein Jeff Cowherd (of JBovier) recommends against purchasing any of the JBovier models being offered on Amazon.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Help to ID family mandolin

Yikes. Thought I'd give it a shot...I love the bowls but I'm certainly no expert. Mick & others way more well-versed than me, I'll gladly defer to your assessments over mine. No snarkiness detected...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Help to ID family mandolin

Some of the features look vaguely Larson-esque to me: pickguard inlay, shaping at the end of the fretboard, cloud tailpiece. Almost looks like a cousin to my old MayFlower bowlback.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Come On Mandeileen

Oh no, we broke it! Well for the time being at least, you can still access it at Google's cached version of the page.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: That time of year - mando humidifiers?

Here's a pictorial step-by-step of Betram's method (using a ziploc bag instead of a plastic box) that Bryan Kimsey wrote up. I also posted this a month ago in a similar discussion about...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Best F5 mandolin for the money?

Play a whole bunch of 'em. Listen to other people play a whole bunch of 'em. Talk to people who build 'em. Go through ownership of a few mid-level or pro-level A-style mandolins from knowledgable and...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday Scott Tichenor!

Another example of the superlative wonder and whimsy of the Mandolin Cafe: a Google image search for "Happy birthday mandolin" gives us this guy right there in the top row of results. A very happy...
  22. Re: My Gibson Varnished Fern in action...thanks for watching!

Love that little shimmy you threw down around the 2:00 mark.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Dave Peters Live at Ovations

Mike, thanks so much for kindly including me in your giveaway. I've listened to Live At Ovations about a thousand times since it showed up in the mailbox!

For anyone out there who hasn't heard...