Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. The Kindness of Strangers - Aidan Crossey

As some will know, Aidan Crossey has had some major health issues recently. Today he was taken into hospital for tests and possible surgery. (Not confidential information - he announced it on the...
  2. Tom Kimber on tenor guitar, mandolin and tenor banjo!

This came up on my Youtube feed - great stuff!

NC80WnsdMpo
  3. Replies
    Views

Dubova tenor guitar

A while back I asked Michael Dubova if he would be interested in building me a tenor guitar. He hadn’t done one, but was was keen to try. He really is great to work with and receptive to my ideas...
  4. Re: The dreaded black A2Z question. With a possible answer...

“I see a pumpkin, and I want to paint it black”

So sorry. I just couldn’t resist.
  5. Replies
    Views

Kerman style build

After listening to Avi Avital and Jacob Reuven recordings last year, and liking their sound more and more, I decided to have a go at making an Arik Kerman style of mandolin based on all the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Eva Scow - After You've Gone

Fresh Eva:

https://youtu.be/kKBKxlWRXtE
  7. A new A with mostly Australian timbers

A new A style mandolin with a King Billy pine soundboard and Huon Pine back and sides. Both timbers from Tasmania. The neck is Australian Red Cedar with a 6x10mm carbonfiber bar embedded. The...
  8. Replies
    Views

New Kelley A model violin style

Here’s the latest mandolin finished in the shop. It a violin style. I really like making these mandolins. It’s made with some highly figured maple and 100 year old red spruce. It’s a good mandolin...