Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Removing Adhesive Residue - 1930s Regal 'Custom Built'

As being a beekeeper and honey producer a lot of people use mayonnaise to remove the adhesive from returned bottles before sterilizing them. Seems harmless enough but I am no expert.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Banjo-mandolin (Dennis Pash)

The headstock looks similar to my Weymann model 30 but mine does not have a fretboard extension. Mine also has a pop off resonator. It has a nice tone I am told. I have 2 sets of tenor banjo strings...
  3. Replies
    Views

NFI Rickenbacker electric

Just saw this on the Bernunzio website. Don't know how it sounds but it looks cool. No financial interest, they do get some unusual instruments in there from time to time
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Case for Gibson F-4

A friend of mine got an Ameritage case for his F-2. I forget which model case but if you contact them I am sure they will steer you in the right direction.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Tunes that lend themselves to tremolo

I would listen to David Grisman, king of the smooth tremolo, in my opinion. Check out his tone poems album among others.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Jackie brown by John Mellencamp?

With all due respect, I would suggest that if you can read TAB you can write it. Try something simple like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or something similar. Then get your song into one of the slow...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Banjomandolin

Well after contacting folks all over the country I did locate one in Texas. In my many years of life experience I have come yo the conclusion that time and patience usually helps solve most of life's...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Gretsch American Clarophone Banjolin

Thanks to you Pops for the recommendation a few years ago.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Need a true beginner's mandolin book

Mandolin for Dummies!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: String advice sought

I have switched all my mando's to DAddario monels. They have a warm tone and sound the same when you first put them on as the do a month later. Do not have that harsh new sound as many do. I sold my...
  11. Thread: Klezmer

by Steve Mead
    Replies
    Views

Re: Klezmer

We have a CD kicking around by
    "Margot Leverett & the Klezmer Mountain Boys". It can be found on Amazon. Of course there is "Songs of our Fathers" by David Grisman and Andy Statman
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Rest in peace - Bob Page has passed

Bringing back old thread. I sure miss Bob Page. His postings in the classifieds were always interesting, great photography and fed my MAS. An unusual collection of instruments were always abound!
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Know of any musician retreat centers?

Another thought, a bit further away, is the John C Campbell folk school in NC. They have week long as well as weekend classes/events to stimulate your mind and clear the brain. A vast catalog on...
  14. Replies
    Views

Have you been to Monhegan Island? We got there via boat from New Harbor. Sort of an artists retreat paradise where you can rent a room or cottage or house. Maybe we will try that next year!
  15. Replies
    Views

Jay Unger/Molly Mason have a beautiful event center in the Catskill Mountains of NY where they have week long retreats for many different styles of music/dance, etc. I have driven past it many times,...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: oval vs F style...question

As mentioned before if you could find a Bozeman made Flatiron I think you would be happy or save up to a used Northfield Calhoun or Ky/Eastman. It appears as you are itching to get something...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: oval vs F style...question

I also had a 1983 Flatiron 1N which I should not have sold. Great tone, playability and volume for that style. You should be able to find one in the $500-$600 range. I have never played one (but...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: NPD - Wegen TF 100

I have used the M150 for years with a brief try of 3 different shape vee picks, maybe a week before I gave them away, a longer maybe 2 year try of blue chip, had 2 of the same, one for each case at...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Another mandolin stand question

Sue, sounds like a fun project, best of luck to you. I have tried several stands including the hercules violin stand with the self locking feature but it did not work on my mandolins, most likely a ...
  20. Poll: Re: Just starting out -- Should I really learn to "read music"?

Learning by ear and reading sheet music both have their pro"s and con's but they are not exclusionary, you can do both!. By learning to read you will unlock the wealth of music available in that form...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Making A Case for a Vega Bowlback

Do not know if these are still available or not
    http://www.hobgoblin-usa.com/local/sales/products/GR31870/viking-vmc10b-standard-bowl-mandolin-case/
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Making A Case for a Vega Bowlback

Saw this and thought of your post

https://www.thomannmusic.com/gewa_mandolinenetui.htm
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Took advice of others

Hah, when I was in school we used a tuning fork to tune one person then everyone tuned to that person. Not very exact but neither was our playing.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Case for Strad-O-Lin

Mine came in a Washburn labeled mandolin case. Works fine for my needs.
  25. Re: Update on "The Irish Mandolin" - and other stories

Aiden, I believe many of us can relate to your health issues. Some days it is just one foot in front of the other that gets you to the finish line. To keep plugging on will be the best medicine.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3