Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

D'addario tri-action capo

Hi everyone, I use a D'addario tri-action capo on my bouzouki and I recently encountered a problem with it that I thought I'd share with you.

While stowing the capo in the bouzouki case I noticed...
  2. Is there such a thing as a "Mandolin Culture?"

I am a retired music education professor designing a study that will compare and contrast a local community bluegrass jam/class/community with a more classically oriented mandolin orchestra. I play...
  3. Thread: Happy New Year

by fox
    Replies
    Views

Happy New Year

A happy ne year to all my tenor friends & may your plectrums stay safe....

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah42/sphwoar/plectrum_zpshrlvkops.jpg
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Pentatonic scales

One more thing. There are no sour notes in a key IF you move right on to the next note.
    Bill
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: $199.00 solid F style mandolin

I played mine all day yesterday. I usually alternate, but I can play the MK, and do if it is the one I can grab, since I tend to have it out within reach. I also yet again tweaked on it with good...
  6. Replies
    Views

Alive Inside

There is no mandolin content here, but anyone with an appreciation of the power of music is likely to be touched by this movie. Just watched it on Netflix last night and highly recommend it. Here's a...
  7. Replies
    Views

MK: Send one of these to Don. He will set it up and donate it to Mandolin Cafe who will then name it "The Traveler" and send it to people on a list (who have signed up). Those receiving "The...
  8. Replies
    Views

They must have a quantity. I just added 10 to my cart and they took and didn't stop me, and no, I didn't buy them :cool:

This is the best buy F style these days. Plan on having it setup.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Lakota Leathers

I like 'Watson's Blues' that plays during their mandolin strap commercial.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: What was under YOUR tree this Christmas?

We just bought a house, and spent our first Christmas in it. Had a nice lunch gathering with a couple of friends and spent the day playing music. The house itself is our gift to each other.
  11. Replies
    Views

My wife bought me this but i got it a few weeks ago so it was actually under the tree

And i bought myself this

12. Replies
    Views

No tree, but my gift today was time. Time to spend with my wife and our cats, time out on the farm in the fresh air watching the sheep and the ponies while hawks soared overhead in the sunshine, time...
  13. Replies
    Views

A bit of salmon from my brother. My old family is gone, except my son, who is here, but had nothing. My elderly parents and I have an arrangement of not doing the gift thing. They're into their...
  14. Replies
    Views

Merry Christmas, one and all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm7bHLhPR4c
  15. this is just a cool video, watch how they focus in on the

instrument and hands of each player, just a well made video with a different approach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtEFXm7eobg
  16. Replies
    Views

Scored Lackey #14

Everyone,

I just received the Lackey #14 that was in a classified here. This thing is an amazing work of art. And sweet. I don't think my nylon stringed classical guitar ever produced notes as...
  17. Re: Where do you play and store your instruments at home?

In my little home office under the stairs. I hang them on the wall for easy access while working.

Not ideal storage conditions but I don't have much spare time, so like to be able to grab my mando...
  18. Thread: Lakota Leathers

by pops1
    Replies
    Views

Re: Lakota Leathers

It would make a difference on how tall you are and where you hold your mandolin. Take a piece of string, cut it to 43" and tie it on your mandolin. Does it fit, great, you will know from there what...
  19. Spy Photos - New Bare-Bones Kentucky F Mandolin

OK... these are not actually Spy photos. :)

Saga sent them to me.

Saga has finally kicked in F-style production at their sort-of-new hand-carved workshop. We have only seen the KM-750 hit the...
  20. Gibson A-40's coming out of the woodwork on Ebay!!!

Sheesh there must be close to ten of them on Ebay right now.

So if I was a starting out mandolin player and wanted a good starter instrument I might be looking into one of those.

I had one in...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Always carry a pick

I always have a couple generic Tortex/Ultem/Ultex standard Fender shape picks in my wallet, glove compartment in the car, even a small container on my keyring.

They may not be the optimal picks...
  22. Replies
    Views

Always carry a pick

A few years ago I went to a Burn's night party - hang out play tunes and drink whisky was the idea. When I got my mandolin out of the case there was no sign of my pick. All the other musicians at the...
  23. Thread: dog collar

by fatt-dad
    Replies
    Views

dog collar

Serendipity. . .

I always travel with a mandolin. Often it's my Flatiron or Gibson A3, which both have case covers. When I travel with my Cohen or Muth, they are just in TKLs. Case covers are...
  24. Replies
    Views

$199.00 solid F style mandolin

There's only one, it will be gone quickly, I have no idea what condition it's in as it is a restock but for $199.00 you can have a Michael Kelly F style mandolin.
  25. Replies
    Views

Trigger pulled - Duff A5

Thanks to Rick and to all who have helped me find my next mandolin. I got this lightly used 2015 Duff A5 this weekend (sellers pictures). 147246147247

Specs: Red Spruce top, birdseye maple back,...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4