Search:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mudulation effects

If I can run an instrument through pedals, I will, and my 5 string Wee Beastie is no exception. That being said, the only proper modulation effect I've used on mandolin is my '62 Princeton's bias...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mudulation effects

I recently (saw up close) a Strymon Cloudburst used with an acoustic guitar, and now it's on the top of my wishlist. I'd never heard of "ambient reverb" before; it's impressive!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: string gauges (again)

I'm running 10-48 on my 15" scale length 5 string right now. I was running a .046 C string because that's what came on it, but since then the maker has adjusted his recommended gauges to: 0.050,...
  4. Re: Paul Glasse on video w/Western Swing band 2023

Douzat in the Charente departement. He's active on FB.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Little help? Henderson's Recordame

Cannonball and Nat in a similar groove, same year. Simpler tune though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpkN8nR0EEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpkN8nR0EEg
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Amplifier for electric mandolin

things i've looked for, no particular order:

headroom:
    particularly if you're amplifying an 8 string (acoustic or electric), things get crunchy real fast with low powered things..10...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: pick up recommendations requested...

Have you looked at the Wilde Bill L45S? Bill Lawrence's wife and daughter are keeping his legacy alive. IIRC, I had one put in the Kentucky. The original install messed up the wiring harness, but the...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Adding the 8 stringer back in

It may be that there is some foreign material or corrosion blocking the rotating contact(wiper) at the point where it turns off. Try some electrical contact cleaner and be careful to not spill any on...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Adding the 8 stringer back in

Hi!

Not an expert, but took a deep dive into the electronics and wiring recently. :)

For the tone knob, could be the potentiometer taper (audio vs. linear) or it could be capacitor value.
  10. Replies
    Views

Mandocaster copy

Just bought a nice copy made in Missouri 1993205854205854
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Stereo. Oh dear...

Before you spend bucks: That could be a bit disappointing.
    (I'm discounting the effect of any intentional chorusing that you might have used.)

1- Just the fact that the amps ARE different...
  12. Replies
    Views

As you plow that furrow, keep in mind that some pedals invert the phase of the signal.

For example, if you split the signal, run one side into an overdriven amp and the other through a compressor...
  13. Replies
    Views

You have hit upon something I have thought about since I started playing with an E-mando. It is a significant idea.

I generally think of stereo as something done in the presentation of the show....
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: 6 strings, 5 courses...?

No, but I don't believe the e string necessarily has to be weak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSrHa7_ahyE&t=4s
  15. Replies
    Views

Humbuckers

Greetings..... a quick "heads up"......

Following my retirement last year, I passed on my recipes and winder to Chris at Belvoir Guitars and he is now confident enough to offer them for sale...
  16. Replies
    Views

Nylon-Strung Piccolo Mandolin Prototype

A few weeks back, I posted a couple of pictures in the What’s on Your Bench thread, of the latest mandolin to leave my bench, a prototype nylon-strung, four string piccolo (sopranino) mandolin. For...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: pickup jack question

I think you got it right. EMG Ultrajak looks like the same strap button shape.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: pickup jack question

Is it perhaps an EMG Ultrajak that requires an allen wrench to loosen? Here's my experience with a Rigel with Ultrajak including photos....
  19. Replies
    Views

8 string electric build

A year or so ago I built an electric solid-body mandolin for my son. The body is solid birds-eye hard maple (thanks to Kettle Moraine Hardwoods). Neck is lamination of maple and cherry with a...
  20. J.L. Smith Mandolins: Yes! I'm still building some Emandos.

Just thought I'd drop in and share a couple photos of a recent (4-string) build, and say hello to the Cafe' forum folks. I haven't posted here for quite some time, but haven't forgotten about all the...
  21. Re: Speaker size for 4-string emando amplifier

I use a large speaker, 15", when I play my electrics. I think it helps tame the high end.

An old Peavey Nashville 400 is my main amp currently. I primarily use this amp with a funk/jazz band that...
  22. Replies
    Views

Tristan Scroggins on Eastwood Electrics

These videos were just posted by Eastwood on their YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoRamRa8khc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXmHUza9uUU

23. Replies
    Views

Re: Fender mandolin and amp

I have the “vibro” version, it dates from the late 70s and I bought it used not long afterwards. I hadn’t used it for years so decided to get it serviced and discovered that it had been fiddled with....
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Today's favorite stomp box...

My fave pedal for eMando is my Pigtronix Envelope Phaser. I can get mine to sound like a trumpet!

I like a bit of delay and reverb under the tone then build from there.
  25. Replies
    Views

RIP Arthur Stern

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but Arthur was a friend to everyone in the mandolin world and a brilliant artist. He was a long time forum contributor and a fountain of knowledge and experience...
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4