Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Old Standard Wood

I thought I would share this cool photo that John Griffin @ Old Standard wood sent me. It is a photo of a 300 year old red spruce log that they recently picked up at the source and were preparing to...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Old Wood Tops and Backs

Scientifically speaking, there is none, or perhaps a slight increase in stiffness to mass ratio because of evaporation of hemicellulose, but if that ratio in one piece of wood started out better than...
  3. Replies
    Views

Along the way

Lately I've been remembering some great musicians that were also great people along the way. Bob Walsh was a fiddler from Cape Fair Missouri, he had a jam session at his farm until the crowds got so...
  4. Re: Cumberland Mandolin Bridge Verses Siminoff Mandolin Bridge

Steve and the crew at Cumberland Acoustics make a great traditional style bridge and are fantastic people to work with.

j.
    www.condino.com
  5. Replies
    Views

Gauging recurve shape

I'm not sure how everyone else does this but I thought I'd share the method I came up with.
    My bench is an old formica door from a remodel job I was on in the electrician days so it's very flat. The...
  6. Re: American Built F models at Sub $1000.00 prices ???

I appreciate your post Keith, it reminded me of a portion of Teddy Rosevelts " Man in the Arena " speech, " and dare not take his place with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor...
  7. Re: American Built F models at Sub $1000.00 prices ???

:)98108 Okay. Guys, I guess I am the reason for all of this controversy. I posted in the classifieds that I have available a few handmade mandolins for sale in the $1k or less price range.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Endpin hole revoicing tools

James, I am definitely a novice, but the problem of working through the endpin hole is intriguing.
    There are Exacto blades that are labeled as "SMALL ROUND ROUTER," but they are more like a...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: truss rod covers

Bryan England's Custom Inlay will make you almost anything that you want. Here's one that they 'custom made' for me,& Weber had them make the TRC on my Fern. They have 8 pages of Mandolin TRC designs...
  10. Replies
    Views

Your first build should be taken for what it is,...

Your first build should be taken for what it is, a learning experience. Don't get too worked up about all of the details. Start building an understanding of the relationships between your eyes, the...