Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Tremolo

by aussiemando
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo

I made some lessons on this. The fourth lesson focuses on double stops (building on techniques from the previous lessons). Happy playing ... this is the link to the playlist....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo technique

Thank you everyone! It’s been a pleasure making them.
  3. Replies
    Views

Thanks for all your kind comments and encouragement. The final lesson is now up (lesson 4). It’s about (tremolo) double stops and techniques for trills. https://youtu.be/pVfDFXDYIyc

A few of you...
  4. Replies
    Views

Dear Tim Logan,

Thank you for your kind words about our music. The Oblivion sheet music I have been using was written for piano and oboe. It says Oblivion (aus dem Flim HEINRICH IV) by Astor...
  5. Replies
    Views

Hi SoMorris,
    Thank you for your question. It is hard to tremolo without anchoring somewhere. I rest my arm on the top of the mandolin but if you comfortable resting your wrist on the strings below...
  6. Replies
    Views

I’ve just uploaded lesson 3. It’s quite a dense lesson ...
    We learn 3 different methods which may be combined to produce the louds and softs with tremolo. We talk briefly about ensuring your tremolo...
  7. Replies
    Views

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your kind words about this video. The maker of my instrument is a Melbourne maker called Jon Dale.

Best wishes,
    Ruth
  8. Replies
    Views

Tremolo technique

Greetings from Australia!
    I thought it a good time to make some instructional videos about tremolo. Here is the first one.
    https://youtu.be/TrSLeM3cYd0
    Stay safe, stay home and play mandolin ...
  9. Re: A cup of tea and a chat with Steve Gilchrist

I've just seen that post with my icon next to it ... Yes, this is the type of clothing we wear here in Melbourne - it is like a mandolin playing uniform here and we don't like to sweat on our...