Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: NMC Electric Guitar Alternate Tuning Gauges/Tension Question

You should check out http://stringtensionpro.com/

Input the tuning you want, scale length and the desired tension of the strings. The desired tension can be extrapolated from documentation on a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Truss rod or not?

I've owned 2 very nice mandolins, each costing 5K to 10K, which had non-adjustable truss rods which needed refrets to replace non-worn out frets so that the neck could be straightened. Both built by...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: 10-20 drum sander abrasive roll tip

I buy mine from Sandpaper America. They'll make whatever you want and they've always been a fraction of the cost of anywhere else. They will also make the conveyor belt.
  4. Thread: Glue masking

by sunburst
    Replies
    Views

Re: Glue masking

I use automotive striping tape to mask CA. You can get it at stores who sell supplies to automobile painters, it comes in several widths, thicknesses, flexibilities and so forth. I usually use the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: I must've done something wrong......

It will in nearly any case. The warnings that we get saying that new TB will not stick to old TB just mean that we don't get as good a glue joint if we don't clean the old TB off completely. We still...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave Mandolin deflection tunning

The concept is pretty simple - an instrument is a machine.
    If I can get one machine to work the same way as a previously-built, known good machine, then it will do the same job (i.e. sound...