Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Found a decent case for my Eastman OM

Boy, had to search low and high. I got close with one at Elderly at an OK price but the shipping put it over $200. I need something for New England winter humidification. Anyway, just got this case...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

Just got the recommended case and it fits great. I wouldn't too it from a truck but more than OK for in house humidification in dry months. Thanks a lot for the suggestion kmmando and Huck!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording King Tenor

Definitely. You can go heavier on the lower end and it gets even better. My G string is a 46. I did the same mods you did. Had an uneven fret issue around 13th fret that caused buzzing on the E...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

Finally was able to order one of these cases, thanks so much for the information. If you see this message, could you give a brief overview of what you did to retrofit this for the Tenor Tele? I can...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman OM - a one-month review

I am, yes and agree and also taking Matt Flinner's Octave course. Something is bound to stick, I figure.
  6. Replies
    Views

"Sam Brown Hill" is addictive too - also from Joe's course. Finally have that down. And, you did a great job on Inverness - very smooth. Something for me to aspire to (next).
  7. Replies
    Views

I love my Eastman OM, I've got and had lots of instruments and I just think for what the price is, it's a very strong value and the sustain is amazing.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Ibanez Tenors appear discontinued.

I tried the parlor. The Recording King tenor is much nicer (I have one) at a cheaper price
  9. Re: Eastwood Classic Tenor - Experiences from other owners?

Hi - not from the UK and FWIW, I have an Eastwood mandocaster and I had good success with two upgrades. 1. I bought new pickups from Almuse in your own UK (pete@peteandsue.force9.co.uk). Pete is a...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording King ROST-7-TS - part 1

Well this has been a good learning experience for me. I got the ROST-7-TS yesterday and as I said elsewhere, the truss rod was cranked all the way to the right. All 4 strings were hitting most of the...
  11. Re: Joining the Girouard Club with an F Oval hole

That's gonna be nice. A while back, I asked Max to build an F5 for me (I have a wonderful Girouard A5, now 2 years old). I met Max in 2013 at a Mando Festival and bought an A5 he had with him, then...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Solo builders

Just want to weigh in and offer that my experience (twice now) with Max and Lauri Girouard has been fantastic. Max sent me an A5 about a year and a half ago and though I do check out other things and...
  13. Re: Books...and Specifically, Intermediate Books???

Thanks to everyone on this thread for inspiring me to break this book out in a more serious fashion. It looks like it will really help a lot. And, for those of you who might be interested, here's...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Elbow or wrist...

I've always been a fan of Tim O'Brien's right hand example - like this, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62db5rMc2ns
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Post A picture of your favorite "A" model

Girouard A5 that was delivered to me just before Christmas, 2018. Smitten. Just put new strings on today. A beautiful piece of work from Max and Lauri.

16. Replies
    Views

Girouard goodness

This weekend, I attended the March Mandolin Festival in Concord, NH. Great event in it's 9th or 10th year, my first time. I had been seeing references to Girourad here in the forum and I saw some...