Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer Bass and Mandolin

I'm sure you guys/gals have heard it, but if you havent you really gotta check it out. Its a full instrumental album of these gents making some amazing music. Styles/genres are all over the place. It...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: "Pretty" woods for back and sides

I cant speak for mando's as I have little experience with them especially with exotic woods.

But as far as guitars go, I have played some pretty exotic ones that sounded awesome... Koa top back...
  3. Re: Cats In The Cradle - Harry Chapin Mandolin Tab. Enjoy!

Hi, definitely enjoying it. I enjoy it just as much as I ever enjoyed playing guitar. And so far going from guitar to mandolin has been a "duck to water" experience for me. With the exception of...
  4. Cats In The Cradle - Harry Chapin Mandolin Tab. Enjoy!

Hello everyone. I didnt know where to submit tabs to, so hope this is ok.

Anyways, this is an awesome song that I felt would make a cool and unique addition to my mandolin song library. So I found...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: NonCountry Bluegrass suggestions?

Thanks! Elephant Revival is awesome! I'll be a while checking them out. I especially like the womans voice.. like a wonderful mixture of Jewel and Dolores O'Riorden(Cranberries) just excellent!...
  6. Re: Stores with good mandolin collections in/near OKC

Hey man, might see if they have a Firey Music Company or Firey Brothers Music there in OKC. I'm in Tulsa, I havent been in a long time myself but they used to have a decent sized selction of mandos...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: New To Mandolins

Great information thanks. I definitely plan on doing a boat load of studying before I decide to do it myself or pay someone else. I had a feeling it might be due to the floating bridge. Which seems...