Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Oddities

Posted a few times over the years, my mandolin made of concrete.207784
  2. Re: And now for something completely different...

I've seen several comments about it abrading the back of your mandolin while playing. To be clear, the whole thing is made of painted basswood, even the frets. I'm pretty sure the back of almost any...
  3. Re: And now for something completely different...

Ha! I thought this would get some comments here!
    I made it as a lark, but liked it so decided to test the waters for potential sales. It's all wood but on a cloth backing. It's jointed at several...
  4. Replies
    Views

Handcrafted PeeWee tenor resonator

Hello all. I just finished converting a Yamaha Jr. 3/4 size six string guitar into a tenor resonator and am pretty happy with the results.
    The PeeWee Peach Orchard Owl is equipped with a National...
  5. Replies
    Views

Tremolo straps

I’ve purchased straps for several of my instruments from Tremolo Leather Company’s ETSY site. She’s got a bunch of different styles, some made from vintage ribbon she finds and some that...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Finally Finished: Soliver #001

Very nice! Congrats!
  7. Re: $25,000 Gibson on FaceBook Marketplace

It looks like it was removed from Facebook Marketplace. Either he got his $25,000 and is rolling giddily around in the cash, or others told him the same thing.

For those who are interested, it was...
  8. Re: $25,000 Gibson on FaceBook Marketplace

I messaged him very politely explaining what he had and what they typically sell for. I told him what I had paid recently for my teens A-1's ($675 and $550). I even gave him the link to Mandolin Cafe...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: not counting but

You have obviously never met my wife
  10. Replies
    Views

Yamaha jr2 to tenor conversion

After stupidly selling my Blueridge BT-40 a few years ago due to scale length issues, I realized I'd like to give tenor guitar another try. I didn't want to spend much $ in case I decided again that...
  11. Replies
    Views

Cool trench art mandolin from WWI

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/msg/d/stunning-100-year-old-mandolin-fs-ft/6831338181.html

I couldn't justify the price, but it's a cool piece of history!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Oddities

I bet it doesn't sound crappie!
  13. Re: vintage photograph inside of repro A1 pick guard

No, I daubed acrylic craft paint in various colors (red, yellow, brown, and black) on the underside of the plexiglass. Then I scraped and sanded some off to create a window for the photo to show...
  14. vintage photograph inside of repro A1 pick guard

I bought a beaten and cracked 1917 A1 a couple weeks ago to fix up, and wanted to have a pick guard on it. I wanted the guard to look vintage, but didn't want to spend the $ on one. I'm cheap.
    I...
  15. Re: Making Real Wood Buttons for Gotoh Tuners...

Last May I had the same idea, but I wanted them to resemble Handel tuner buttons. I carved one out of maple and wood burned the "inlay" into it. I haven't pursued the idea further. I think if you...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Tell me about your Duff

Oh, this thread title! I'm holding my breath for the responses.:popcorn:
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: UPS "Grind" Delivery

I guess next time you sing "Footprints in the Snow", you can substitute these lyrics: "I bless that happy day, when Nelly came my way, in a box that looked so beaten all around".:redface:
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Visiting Nashville

You should check out the GIG (Gallery of Iconic Guitars) museum at Belmont University in Nashville. They have a lot of really cool vintage instruments to look at including a couple of Lloyd Loar...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Mike Black Piccolo Mandolin Build

Absolutely beautiful! I'm very jealous
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Nashville Today

I'll also recommend the Gallery of Iconic Guitars, or GIG, at Belmont University. A guy donated his 5 million dollar collection to Belmont. The exhibit includes several Lloyd Loar mandolins, as...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Interesting sign for auction

I'd like to have one of the $3.50 mandolins it advertises!
  22. Re: Looking for a used mandolin. In Nashville this week.

That's a good point. Another thing to consider is that Charmzilla is looking for a starter F style mando around $400. Although we know that a solid wood one sounds better, perhaps she (or he) might...
  23. Re: Looking for a used mandolin. In Nashville this week.

There's also this Mid Missouri M1 on Nashville Craigslist for $200

https://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/d/mandolin/6584139061.html

I agree with colorado al's reply above. Lot's of great stuff...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Maybe he's not all bad?

Yes, but his left leg/foot are still in the pic and cast no shadow either
  25. Replies
    Views

EVO fret wire, EVO Porter

Enjoying some time off around Baltimore and came across this beer. I like the EVO fret wire on my Tyler White mandolin, so I had to try this. I like the beer too!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4