Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Estudiantina Bergamasca Mandolin Competition

Dear mandolin friends around the world,

I am honored and delighted that the Concorso Musicale per Strumenti a Pizzico Estudiantina Bergamasca will be once again featuring my work The Song Inside...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: I made a "Smart" purchase this weekend

Congrats on your new pair! They look absolutely stunning. I've only ever tried one Smart mandolin; an a style 'comma' that was at TAMCO in UK. It was also the first mandolin I've played with a sound...
  3. Replies
    Views

Very nice, I got to play those about a year ago or so and they are both fine instruments. The mandola I wanted to take home with me!

Glad someone is keeping the pair together
  4. Replies
    Views

Bellenghi and Weidt mandocello methods

Attached are 2 pdf files (Part 1 and Part 2) of the Bellenghi (Giuseppe Bellenghi, Bologna 1847-Florence Oct 17, 1902) mandocello method from 1896. I scanned these at the Library of Congress using...
  5. Forty progressive studies for the mandoline, Op. 50 - G Hucke

I recently acquired a copy of "Forty progressive studies for the mandoline, Op. 50" by George H Hucke from the BMG collection. As I hadn't seen a copy available I have scanned it and uploaded it...
  6. Replies
    Views

an etude to share

original for liuto, but also versions for octave and mandocello.
    the liuto and OM versions are mostly 1st position.
    the MC version will require shifting from 1st and 4th

the second half (measure...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Bickford MandoCello Method in BASS CLEF!

having fun and learning from it already!
    jim
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Bickford MandoCello Method in BASS CLEF!

Excellent, thank you for all your hard work.
  9. Replies
    Views

I have jammed with some "Smart" owners and they sound great and are plenty loud. Nice to hear you love the mandola! Seems to be mandola's on the rise as of late- more power to the mandola!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocello Specific Techniques

I have found it best to accompany my little finger with the third finger where possible. Two cello basics help with this. always extending backwards from an advanced position where possible. For...
  11. Replies
    Views

I'm just glad to hear other people see this as a difficulty (is that schadenfreud?); it tells me I'm not necessarily "doing something wrong," just struggling with a common problem. But I love my K4...
  12. Replies
    Views

One thing to keep in mind is that the scale length of a full size violoncello is 27 3/8", whereas Gibson mandocellos have a scale of 24.75" and some mandocellos -- such as my own Suzuki -- have only...
  13. Replies
    Views

As a bowed cellist/bassist, I have used MUCH of that technique on my mandocello. #3, flattening fingers has not been a bad issue for me; many of us do it occasionally even on the bowed instruments,...
  14. Replies
    Views

I recently reluctantly turned my Cello into an OM because I couldn’t handle the scale length with more traditional OM style technique. My pinky’s pretty strong and functional, but the stretch needed...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: New Bickford Mando-cello Method

We discussed your publication at CMSA, looking forward to the bass clef version. Thanks and congratulations on this achievement!
  16. Replies
    Views

Most Mandocellos at CMSA

Most mandocellos EVER?? Well, there were 25 of us in a 140 piece orchestra!
    The Solo Mandocello Worlshop was a success thanks to the contributing composers: August Watters who has published (online)...
  17. Shouldn't be too long until the print-on-demand...

Shouldn't be too long until the print-on-demand version is ready; maybe another week! Meanwhile, the online version is available, for those who prefer to use it on their devices. I prefer a print...
  18. Spring Suite, May 2019 for OM or Mandocello

I just posted a new solo piece for big mandolins at my So Many Tunes blog titled Spring Suite, May 2019. This is a follow-up to the Winter Suite that I posted back in February.

It's another simple...
  19. Re: Concert aria for baritone and plucked orchestra

:redface: Needless to say, there's more to come. :)
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Goichberg mandocello studies

I believe that Fannie (Sol's wife) passed away in 2005. I think you would have to be get in touch with the children. When I was in the NY Mandolin Orchestra (in the 1980s) she was still playing in...
  21. Concert aria for baritone and plucked orchestra

Moving right along... ;)

Russian mandolin virtuosa Natalia Marashova recently asked me for a transposed version of my older work Alla mia bella insensibile, this time down to A-minor for baritone...
  22. Re: Looking for a recording of La Chasse de L'isle Adam

Here you go:

https://www.reverbnation.com/neilgladd/song/30212918-gabriele-leone-la-chasse-de-lisle
  23. Zucconi Variations for mandolin and guitar (Vienna, 1801)

Hi all,

I've just published another blog post about one of my discoveries. It's a print from Vienna and dates to 1801, and is from the rather unknown composer François de Zucconi. Mandolin...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: St Louis Tionól April 21st

Anyone forum members going to the St. Louis Tionól this weekend?
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Solo Mandocello Literature?

Just to bring this up to date, my search for solo mandocello literature has proven surprisingly successful. At this point I am simply gathering these out of personal interest, hoping to provide a...
Page 1 of 2 1 2