Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Booster pedal into Loudbox

Welcome to Geezerdome, I was born in 1950.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: New reso mando

Really nice -- and, I'm sure, better made than the Dobro/Regal instruments van Spronssen copied. I have a '30's Dobro mandolin, and it's a great instrument, but some of the construction's a bit...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Another NMD

The body is the size of a tenor guitar/baritone uke with a 20-1/2" scale length. She's an octave. Can't wait to see yours when you receive her!
  4. Thread: #31 Coley Jones

by Ranald
    Replies
    Views

#31 Coley Jones

Coley Jones (circa 1880s – 1930s), a founder of the Dallas String Band was another outstanding blues mandolinist. Many of the details of his life are unknown, but he was born in Texas, came from a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Blues, Stomps, & Rags #21

Little Laura Dukes (left)

Thanks, again, to CharlesE and to his friend, Marshall Wyatt, owner of Old Hat Records in Raleigh, North Carolina, for bringing Little Laura Dukes to my...
  6. Replies
    Views

Swimming in Mandolin Recordings

Folks, I just wanted to bring attention to the number of excellent mandolinists with recordings out right now:

Thomas Cassell - "Voyager"
    Ethan Setiawan - "Flux"
    Jacob Jolliff -...
  7. Replies
    Views

Blues, Stomps, & Rags #18

Ken Whiteley (b. 1951) is a musician, songwriter, and producer, playing in a variety of styles on guitar, banjo, mandolin, fiddle, ukulele, jugs, piano, accordion, harmonica, kazoo, and percussion...