Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: McGraw/Hubbard Mandolin Player

That’s Dean Brown, he’s been with Tim for about 25 years.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Heiden Artist Plus A model mandolin

Over the past six years I’ve taken some photos on my visits to Michael’s shop. Here are just a few of them. Figured anyone that likes Michael’s instruments would enjoy...
  3. Replies
    Views

Not mine, but I did have the privilege of picking it up for Evan Elkin from Michael’s shop last year. One of the the most resonant and fun instruments I’ve ever played. 190117 190118190119190120
  4. Replies
    Views

Gary, that top has got to be one of the finest looking I’ve ever seen.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Heiden Heritage

That’s not what my wife would say. It about put me out in the street and in lots of trouble! :)
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Heiden Heritage

7. Replies
    Views

Heiden Heritage

I recently took delivery of the latest and one of the last heritage models to come out of Michael’s shop. I’ll let the photos do the talking!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Breedlove FF Experiences?

This is a video of me on my FF about 10 years ago. The older breedloves from the Tumalo days have always been my favorites.
    https://youtu.be/gnNtA-uzja4
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins "Opening Up"

I joined the cafe back in 2002. Since then I have greatly benefited from the vast volume of knowledge in this forum. I would have to agree with Evan on this one and assume that his “overreaction” was...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Prettiest Peghead Inlays Ever

I have always enjoyed Michael Heiden’s wheat sheaf inlay.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: In Praise of Michael Heiden

I had the opportunity to play that sweet thang last week up at Michaels shop. I really should have taken it home with me. What an absolute joy to play. All the sweetness and sustain one could ever...
  12. Sierra Hull -FREE show tonight Walla Walla, WA

Come on out if you’re near Walla Walla WA!

“We are excited to announce an additional event happening This Friday! The Walla Walla Symphony proudly welcomes award-winning mandolin player Sierra...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Thile interview

What a great listen. I wonder if he has any clue as to how many of us picked up a mandolin for the first time because of him. He’s been a huge inspiration for me personally. Thanks for posting the...
  14. Replies
    Views

When you see me at a jam

You better not be laughing at my case stickers! After getting ready for work came out this morning to my daughter upping my street cred. Think I'll leave them on :)

15. Re: What old-time/traditional vocal tune are you working on?

A few of the old timey tunes I play for my children each night that I enjoy but don't know how much they enjoy:)

Make me down a pallet
    Angel band
    Tennessee waltz
    Bury me beneath the willow ...
  16. Thread: New Heiden

by KrittMoore
    Replies
    Views

New Heiden

This past Saturday I was able to drive up to Creston B.C. and pick up my much anticipated A Standard from Michael. His sweet wife Kay had a lovely breakfast ready for me when I arrived and we had a...