Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Eastman MDC805 mandocello, and what I did about it

A friend of mine recently got an Eastman mandocello. As the well-known story goes, they are nicely made, look great, and sound quite nice as well. But they are usually not very playable out of the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Coming Soon...10 String Mandocello!

The new 'cello (liuto moderno?) came last week. Played a lot since. To me it sounds like it is opening up. Here is a quick video I did with my phone:

qJeHToaMO7k

Strings are J78; C - .074, G...
  3. Re: Tenor Guitar tuning GDAE - correct string gauze.

The aluminium is 3mm and I think the screws are M3. If you can get ones with the countersunk heads rather than cheese or round heads then you won't have to file down the heads as I mentioned above. ...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: OK the K-5 Mandocello project is back on!

It really depends upon the individual instrument. Not much will help out an old Kay or Harmony guitar neck made out of tulip poplar with a poplar neck block. I've been in the same shoes in the past...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Phone Number???

Norm,
    You can call me at 615-871-4500 ext 2265
    Or email me at danny.roberts2@gibson.com
    any time you have a Gibson mandolin question and I will be glad to help if I can.

Danny Roberts
    Gibson...
  6. Thread: Swing Jam PDF

by Jimdalf
    Replies
    Views

Re: Swing Jam PDF

There is a collection including these tunes here also, for those looking for more. The link will open a 4.4Mb pdf.
  7. Replies
    Views

Swing Jam PDF

Hi Folks this is a collection of popular swing tunes that get called at jam session quite often. Matt Sircely and myself put this together for the Mandolin symposium that will take place next week....