Search:

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: the Loar VS Eastman VS Kentucky

I think it’s unfair to compare The Loars very lowest model (with laminate b/s, as you mentioned) to all solid wood mandolins. You should compare The Loar LM5xx, LM6xx, or LM7xx.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

A funny, fitting anecdote:

I only get invited to play Mandolin for service two times a year… Christmas and Easter.

Bass on the other hand…. Has brought me all around the State and filled my...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Good picks for beginner

PM me your address. I'd like to send you a few picks that I just don't use a whole lot anymore.

You're best bet will be to try as many as you can :)
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Grommets vs damper on tailpiece

It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing but a small piece of leather laced through the strings in-between the bridge and tailpiece works for me.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: mandolin tattoos

Here's my new one :)
    Love it!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb Pedals?

I use a Electro Harmonix Holy Grail max set low on the hall type. It gives me just a bit of 'depth' or 'wetness'.

This set up is used in a Praise band with electric guitars, bass, drums, keys, etc.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin with flat bobby

211882 there's Bobby smiling ��
  8. Re: Jam Etiquette / Rules Question - Should songs be banned

The Jam Leader is tasked with, obviously, leading the Jam. This responsibility requires all kinds of different and difficult decisions, that will vary depending on the environment and...
  9. Re: Jam Etiquette / Rules Question - Should songs be banned

I have two thoughts about the song:

1) As a relative newcomer and (bluegrass) outsider looking in, I love Wagon Wheel... it's familiar and easy to play :)

2) When the jam I'm attending has...
  10. Re: If you don't have the cash for a Gilchrist

I'm guessing the thinking behind this is... "why build 25 $1000 dollar mandolins when I can build 1 $25,000 dollar mandolin?". Haha! :))
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Cafe Milestones

Post 1,500:

I joined the Cafe in Nov. 2015 when I got back into playing Mandolin as something to keep me busy while at home after our 2nd daughter's birth in October of that year.... little did I...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Wintergrass Jam 2/22 - 2/25

Thank you! I was wondering if there was something like a check-in. I am only able to go one day, sadly and won't have a room to leave things. I'll probably have to have a small bag with odd and ends...
  13. Re: My mandolin tablature - I call it "Howzatgo"

Being dyslexic this form of reading music really is impossible for me to use. I even have troubles with TAB cause I get confused on which string is above and below the one I’m currently on. But, as...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

https://youtu.be/1TKa_8rsy7E?si=IZHlb0dZxumjMqCR

Fun little tune I made up for learning riffs in G. Enjoy :mandosmiley:
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Wintergrass Jam 2/22 - 2/25

I'll be there Friday (and maybe Saturday)... I'll probably 1 or 2 (Weber F5 and Morris hybrid A4).

See you guys there!
  16. Re: Comparing a The Loar to a 1987 Flatiron

I have an '82 1N. It's not the "Lloyd Loar" of anything. Loudness is only one attribute of an instrument and I wouldn't say that my 1N, or any others I've seen, are any louder than most every other...
  17. Thread: Double NMD

by Zach Wilson
    Replies
    Views

Re: Double NMD

Double congratulations!!! Those two look and sound awesome :)
  18. Re: Curiosity --- anyone ever try using a Dunlop Jazz III pick?

A long time ago I "forever loaned" my Fender Mandolin to a good friend, who plays bluesy electric guitar. He uses JazzIII picks on everything out of comfort and used one on the Mandolin as well. It...
  19. Re: Appreciation Post for the Mandolin World (not the store)

Welcome!

Happy picking:)
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: First jam since before the Pandemic

It was great meeting you as well! And what a fun jam you run there :)

For anyone else local to the Seattle area check this one out!

I'll be there on the 17th.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: First jam since before the Pandemic

A couple scattered and quick thoughts on my first jam in a long while...

First off, this was a new jam for me and I didn't really know anyone or what tunes would be called. However, this wasn't an...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: This Baby's Got Back!

211482 :)
  23. Re: Video: John Reischman's solo from "Nesser"

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing:)
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue chip picks

At first yes…. After years (decades for others), BC is not that expensive. I’ve spend more on Dunlop Tortex in less time then I’ve owned my BC. Those only last about 5 sessions for me before the tip...
  25. Re: Does Pick Size and Instrument Size have any Correlation?

It’s all up to player preference. I’m opposite from you as I like Large triangle (346) shapes for mandolin and smaller teardrop (351) shapes for guitar.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4