Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Good grief... what a set!

Billy Strings is - of course - all shades of bad (_*_)

The mandolin player in this recent set ain't bad either!!! I'm taking notes. Or trying to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTrgZ6Bl8C8
  2. Replies
    Views

Bluegrass on PBS

Saturday, February 29, at 7:00 p.m., though the various PBS stations may choose to air it at different times.

http://https://bluegrasstoday.com/bluegrass-now-premiering-this-week-on-pbs/
  3. Replies
    Views

Read Me First

The old Forum software has been reinstalled. But I wasn't done meddling just yet. I saw some things in the other version and decided they had their place here so changes have occurred in the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: First time Camp Tips (ROTW)

I find a good pair of eyeshades helps, too. If you are up late playing tunes, you don't necessarily want to rise when dawn breaks. The artificial darkness also helps when dorm mates bumble in later...
  5. Replies
    Views

I'd print out all of the materials, and bind them for ease of access. Bring your music stand. Writing utensils.
    A warm shirt, light jacket for the Friday night outdoor jam.
    Beer, wine, or liquor...
  6. Replies
    Views

Cool! Thanks for the info. I'm going to ROTW for the first time as well.

See you Thursday,

Kirk Miller
    Portland, OR
  7. Replies
    Views

I attended ROW last year and it was my first camp. I agree with the ear plugs. If you want a beer or glass of wine you should bring them. There was lots of food and it was very good. There is market...
  8. Replies
    Views

Also:
    A video or still camera.
    Snacks.
    I'd suggest leaving the laptop at home. While it can be useful for storing files, it can also be a very powerful distraction.
    Play what you can, don't...
  9. Replies
    Views

Dorm arrangements there are somewhat communal, so consider taking ear plugs for sleeping. Relax and absorb, don't try to take in too much.
  10. Replies
    Views

Take a digital recorder, extra strings, picks, batteries and a travel mug / water bottle. Have fun .... R/
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Electronic Music - It Has No Soul?

Futureman with Bela Fleck.

LlO1P_h4y3g

or Sheldon Cooper.
    _YYABE0R3uA
  12. Replies
    Views

I'm not a keyboardist, but I can agree that it's absolutely amazing what we humans have been able to create with technology and sound. I've "played with" those synthesizers and the capabilities are...
  13. Replies
    Views

About keyboard expression, sounds like you had a bad synthesizer.

As far as I know, a good synthesizer should be sensitive to "velocity" (how fast you press the key), like the Korg X2 that...
  14. Replies
    Views

Talk about throwing red meat into a fightin' pit bull ring! :))

Lessee ... what to touch upon that hasn't already been in the other sixty posts. Maybe just a few random observations from personal...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Denver area music stores

I think Denver Folkore Center has a better selection of lower end instruments if you like Loar, Eastman, and Kentucky. But definitely check out both.
  16. Replies
    Views

Another thumbs-up for Old Town Pickin' Parlor in Arvada. They usually have a nice assortment of quality instruments on hand and everyone I've ever dealt with there has been super-nice.
  17. Replies
    Views

Both Denver Folklore Center and Pickin Parlor have plenty of lower end options. DFC has several Kentucky, The Loar (I hate that name), and Eastman mandolins. Pickin Parlor has some Eastmans but I...
  18. Replies
    Views

Beatles--Old Brown Shoe

In honor of George's birthday, my solo arrangement of his song "Old Brown Shoe". I blended a Sennheiser dynamic mic and direct line from my soundhole pickup, added a trace of reverb. Video from my...