Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Another Turkish Oud just finished...

Just had a look at your website. Lovely looking instruments. Any sound clips?

Robbie
  2. Re: One mand quartet! Soluet #6 Flying - Stephen Lalor

Has an air of Piazzolla about it. Enjoyed that!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Star of County Down

Well that went well, the link didn’t show ��

I’m trying to post this- any ideas?

https://youtu.be/7qUZuo-B9Xs
  4. Replies
    Views

Star of County Down

This is a mixture of parts written by myself and the excellent arrangement by Evelyn Tiffany痴 Castiglioni. The mandolin parts are played on a lovely Phil Davidson Celtic mandolin, whilst the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite Acoustic Amps?

Best amp I’ve ever owned is an Acus One 8. Preferred it far more than an AER compact 60.

Robbing e
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Lets Talk Eastman Line.

Well, I recently acquired a very nice Eastman MD504 that I am very impressed with. I would agree that Eastmans can vary a lot in sound. I played another 504 in a different shop that wasn’t half as...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Octave

Just bought one of these. It is brilliant! I enjoy playing this far more than the Weber Yellowstone I once owned, and far easier to play. Now that Weber have regrettably decided not to make any...
  8. Thread: Blue Chip Uk

by ukrobbiej
    Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip Uk

You should also check out Hawk plectrums in the UK. Similar material I believe but much cheaper (around 」12). I got them to make something along the lines of the SB signature model, but with grip...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Phil Davidson Mandolins

My partner has a Phil Davidson archtop, and very fine it is too. I prefer playing it to my own Old Wave. I have met Phil several times now, and he is a splendid bloke who will build you a very very...
  10. Replies
    Views

Ian Green of Greentrax

his tune is just so joyous, I knew I had to arrange it the minute I heard it. By the late Highland piper Gordon Duncan. I recently met a piper busking in Bath who says he is great friends with...
  11. Replies
    Views

Oll An Gerriow E地 Beaz Cornish tune

My latest mandolin ensemble arrangement, with video footage of the quaint Cornish fishing village of Padstow at Christmas time. Hope you enjoy it:

https://youtu.be/BcVRIL2FyTA

Robbie
  12. Replies
    Views

O Come O Come Emmanuel

I recorded most of this a few years ago, but added a bass part and a bodhran part last week. As we are in Advent, I thought some people here might like to hear it. It features two Mandolins: a...
  13. Thread: What the

by ukrobbiej
    Replies
    Views

Re: What the

Nowt wrong with that, I enjoyed it, but then I love Jazz. I suggest none of you sit down and listen to a John Coltrane album then ��
  14. Two new mandolin ensembles- Corton Ridge and Yerakina

Been busy this afternoon recording some recent arrangements. Firstly is a Rob Harbron tune called Corton Ridge

https://youtu.be/pNL0w2rWs2s

And then a little Greek tune called Yerakina. My...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: I'm a numpty (marks on my Old Wave)

Whoops, the word has been bleeped out, so maybe it is considered a bit more rude over there now !!! For those that are wondering what word it is, just think of the Cockney rhyming slang for a...
  16. Replies
    Views

I'm a numpty (marks on my Old Wave)

Ever since getting my vintage Old Wave 10 string, I have been very confused as to where a couple of marks have come from on the engelman spruce top, as I am usually pretty careful, and I rarely sing...
  17. Replies
    Views

Fields of Gold (for plucked trio)

This is an arrangement I have been working on this summer, finally got round to recording all the parts today.

The mandolin is a 10 string Old Wave. Beautiful instrument, not the loudest oval...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: What's your latest Welsh tune?

This Welsh tune is a regular part of my bands repertoire. The arrangements is my own:

https://youtu.be/rJc-UGfo9rk
  19. Replies
    Views

Sleeping Tune

Any Gordon Duncan fans here? I've started to arrange a whole load of his tunes for mandolin and bass, but this is probably his most famous tune. This arrangement is partly improvised and I admit is...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: What's your latest Cornish tune?

Well, not very recent, but this is one that I play all the time

https://youtu.be/TZvu2Bpq2-M

As for new tunes, I met Neil Davey recently and he very kindly wrote out and sent me the tab for...
  21. Every Little Thing She Does is Magic arranged for plucked strings

Have always loved this classic Police track, although my favourite version of this is the cover by Shaun Colvin.

I've arranged it here for an ensemble of three different mandolin parts, an...
  22. The Cucoo's Nest for plucked string ensemble

Hello! I run a mandolin orchestra here near Bath, and have been making arrangements of tuns for them for a couple of years now. Recently I have begun recording a few of these myself, and below you...
  23. Scarborough Fair for plucked string ensemble

Finished off this arrangement in the last week for my mandolin ensemble, Mando Chutney, but here recorded as a demo for them by overdubbing the parts.

Hope you enjoy it

24. Si Bheag Si Mhor (guitar and acoustic bass)

Sorry, no CBOMs on this, but I thought after my last post of a Niel Gow tune, people mind like this new recording. I do do this with my mandolin orchestra, but this is just me playing a Brook...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: El Condor Pasa

And if any users are wondering what H7 is, remember in German H is our B, so that chord will be B7. Rather confusingly, B in German is the same as our B flat !!!

Robbie
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3