Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Billy Strings @The Loft (City Winery), NY 7/17/18

I just caught the band again in Brooklyn, They're just getting better, I love these guys. Most dates are sold out, but there's a couple dates not ( https://billystrings.com/tour/ ). The Brooklyn Bowl...
  2. Replies
    Views

Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper

I DVR'd Bluegrass Underground with this band and Wow, Great stuff. Watch the whole episode if you can find it. Michael plays mostly violin but when they went double mando with banjo and guitar it was...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Album Recommendations

I searched the keywords CD recommendations and suggestions. I know it's a mando blues disc in the wrong musical genre category, but felt it proper to post it in this mando recommendations thread. I...
  4. Shawn Colvin w/Larry & Teresa 11/6/17 Wildflowers

I meant to post this a couple months back. I got an email that someone posted a comment on one of the videos and wha la. I started to post just Wildflowers but dug a full thread from an old City...
  5. Replies
    Views

Rusty Young's Poco 9/13/17

Rusty Young played a nice show @The City Winery, NY. He was playing some sweet tunes from his new CD Waiting For The Sun, some Poco tunes, and some mixed bag items also. I love the varied instruments...
  6. Replies
    Views

Martin Barre 10/6/17

Mr. Barre cranked out a mandola for a couple tunes @The Debonair Music Hall in Teaneck, NJ on Friday. He played some tunes off his new CD Back To Steel, some from his old band Jethro Tull, and a...
  7. Re: Black Crowes w/Sam Bush & Larry Campbell @ Capitol Theatre, N

I found the show from a local Gent, Even 2 songs you can stream, Sam rips up the outro of Torn And Frayed, They both rip it up on Wiser Time, Thanx to NYCTaper....
    http://www.nyctaper.com/
  8. Black Crowes w/Sam Bush & Larry Campbell @ Capitol Theatre, NY 10

I caught the 2nd of 4 acoustic shows the Black Crowes are playing at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY last night. Wow, What a blast. Such moving & grooving music. Multiple decades of great...
  9. Re: Steep Canyon Rangers w/Steve Martin & Edie Brickell NYC 6/25

Nice lil' video....

http://gardenandgun.com/media/back-porch-session-steep-canyon-rangers
  10. Steep Canyon Rangers w/Steve Martin & Edie Brickell NYC 6/25/13

Beautiful "Bluegrass" at The Town Hall in Times Square, NYC. Nice!!! The Steep Canyon Rangers with Steve Martin & Edie Brickell brought their "B" game to NYC on 6/25 and what a gorgeous musical...
  11. Re: Steve Winwood busted out a mando last night

I am a "strings" guy, guitars, mando's, etc, when he goes heavy organ on synthesizer, it bores the heck out of me. I saw him with Clapton twice a few years back & WOW, Outstanding. The DVD is a great...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Rolling Stones on Mandolin?

0QOyps-XD7A

I've been trying to transpose a lot of things I know from guitar to mando, Here's my attempt at Angie by the Stones. The wind can be heard and I'm a little sloppy due to some arm...