Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Concert aria for baritone and plucked orchestra

I asked Victor whether he minded if I tried this as an instrumental, giving the baritone part to solo mandocello. He kindly consented, although expressing some gentle doubt as to the viability of...
  2. Replies
    Views

Gigi L'amoroso - mandolin and guitar

Here is our version of this beautiful song. Hope you like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr_LRIzzvhA&feature=youtu.be
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Concerts of Note

The Providence Mandolin Orchestra (PMO) will perform this coming Sunday (October 28) for the Hamilton House Sunday Afternoon Music Series, Central Congregational Church Hall, 296 Angell St (at Diman...
  4. Thread: I'm Back

by PlayerOf8
    Replies
    Views

I'm Back

I missed you all!
  5. Replies
    Views

Asturias - Isaac Albeniz

Asturias a.k.a. Leyenda, as played by the Kerman Quartet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwdEl1gXe-8
  6. Je vivroie liement (Guillaume de Machaut, 14th Century) on OM

A casual recording of a 14th century Virelai 'Je vivroie liement' by the french composer and poet Guillaume de Machaut. Actually a monophonic piece of music with a single voice. So the second voice...
  7. Konrad Wölki (1939): Kleine Suite in G-Dur, Op. 39

Konrad Wölki (1904-1983): Kleine Suite in G-Dur, Op. 39 (1939)
    I. Bourrée - Allegro moderato 0:00
    II. Sarabande - Andante 1:39
    III. Menuett - Allegro moderato 3:32

This is a short and simple...
  8. Replies
    Views

Medieval Music: German Minne on OM

After I focused last year more on the guitar, me and my band now made a new recording where I could play my Octavemandolin or Cittern. We recorded a song from the 13th century by 'Nithart' or...
  9. Replies
    Views

Mikri Thalassa by Betty Beath

Here is a recently posted youtube video of Mikri Thalassa by Australian composer, pianist, and music educator Betty Beath featuring the work of the Sydney Mandolins (Artistic Director: Adrian Hooper)...
  10. 'Nordsee Lieder' by Victor Kioulaphides. Amsterdam premiere '15

Hi all,

I am happy to announce a new video in which the Dutch the Counter Tenor Sytse Buwalda & the Dutch Mandolin Chamber Orchestra HET CONSORT perform the premiere of the beautiful 'Nordsee...
  11. LA VOCE DEL MANDOLINO -New Solo Mandolin CD Sebastiaan de Grebber

Yes!

'LA VOCE DEL MANDOLINO' is released! :grin:

SEBASTIAAN DE GREBBER's 2nd Solo Mandolin CD with compositions for mandolin solo by

Victor Kioulaphides, Johann Sebastian Bach,...
  12. Bach on the Liuto cantabile by Ferdinand Binnendijk

Hi all,

Johann Sebastian Bach on the concert mandoloncello; the Liuto cantabile!

Here is Bach's Suite No. III; masterfully performed and interpreted by the Dutch mandolinist Ferdinand...
  13. Replies
    Views

The Providence Mandolin Orchestra will perform in the "Arts in the Village" series presented by the Rehoboth Antiquarian Society in Goff Memorial Hall, Rehoboth MA, on Saturday April 9 at 7:30 PM....
  14. Replies
    Views

The Connecticut Guitar Society presents the New American Mandolin Ensemble (NAME) as part of their 2015-2016 season on Saturday, April 2, 8 PM, Asylum Hill Congregational Church, Hartford CT. Tickets...
  15. Re: Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2016 for everyone!

...and on earth peace and goodwill towards mandolin players and their audience. :)
  16. Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2016 for everyone!

To all our MANDOLIN CAFE friends!

17. great vid of Italian classical right hand technique

came across this performance video searching youtube on baroque mandolin.

the camera is at various angles throughout.

for the part with great view of right hand (and one of those italian long...
  18. Re: Jubilee videos The Dutch Mandolin Chamber Orchestra Het CONSO

Hello all,

Here is the beautiful OBLIVION by Ástor Piazzolla. A truly wonderful and highly sensitive interpretation by Ferdinand Binnendijk & HET CONSORT.

Enjoy!

19. Re: Jubilee videos The Dutch Mandolin Chamber Orchestra Het CONSO

Hi all,

Here is the Concerto Grosso MAGNIFICAT by the French composer Michel Bosc dedicated to and performed by Sebastiaan de Grebber and The Dutch Mandolin Chamber Orchestra Het CONSORT.
  20. Re: Het CONSORT celebrates its 25 years of existence with 2 conce

Congratulations: composers, performers. A most enjoyable concert !
  21. MILONGA - Jorge Cardoso performed by HET CONSORT

Hello all,

Here is the famous Milonga by the Argentine composer and guitarist Jorge Cardoso performed by the Mandolin Chamber Orchestra Het CONSORT.

The Milonga was originally composed for one...
  22. 'The arrival of the Queen of Sheba' by Georg Friedrich Händel

Hi all,

Here is 'The arrival of the Queen of Sheba' by Georg Friedrich Händel performed by the Dutch Mandolin Chamber Orchestra Het CONSORT.

I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

Best greetings,
  23. The MANDOLA as a concert instrument by FERDINAND BINNENDIJK

Hi all,

I like to bring under your attention the performance by mandolinist Ferdinand Binnendijk on Mandola(!) and pianist Steven Faber of the first movement, the Allegro moderato, of the...
  24. NINA ROTA - Sonata by Ferdinand Binnendijk & Suzanne Zijderveld

Hi all,

I thought you might like to hear the SONATA per Flauto e Arpa by NINO ROTA (1911-1979).
    Here it is arranged for mandolin and harp and performed by harpist SUZANNE ZIJDERVELD and...
  25. American Premiere of Kioulaphides, "Concerto de Camera": NAME

During the weekend of June 12-14, the New American Mandolin Ensemble (NAME) will give the American premiere of Victor Kioulaphides’ very beautiful “Concerto de Camera”, with David Miller of NAME as...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4