Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Alpaca "Linear Tuners" for mandolin?

Chris gave me his permission to post his Etsy message reply here in the thread, though he hopes to drop by in person later:
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Portuguese guitar (cittern) as CBOM

The double-hole one shown is at the Fado Museum in Lisbon. I mentioned it to the owner at Porto Guitarra ("Tico" Rodrigues), and he said he's not aware of any modern maker producing those. Though not...
  3. Replies
    Views

I swung by Porto Guitarra today to get some flatpicks, and ask about getting a low D string to replace my C strings if I decide to go that route. Got the flatpicks and they make playing Irish session...
  4. Replies
    Views

Great band, Boiled in Lead. They got me in the mindset to appreciate Cordelia's Dad and then Tim Eriksen's solo work, so a good start. You really don't hear that much said about BiL anymore, though...
  5. Replies
    Views

Portuguese guitar (cittern) as CBOM

I've been interested in mandos and CBOMs for about twenty years now, since I was in my mid-teens, and just recently came across a chance to acquire an odd CBOMish instrument I'd known of for years...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Portuguese guitar ?

While misunderstanding is certainly a possibility, it could be early conflation of the ukulele with other Portuguese instruments which are very similar but with steel strings, particularly the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Portuguese guitar ?

I'm mucking around in Portugal for a few weeks waiting for a decision on a contract job elsewhere, and after a couple days in Porto I picked up a PG from a shop downtown called Porto Guitarra. I'll...