Search:

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: My prim tamburitza arrived

Here is my most recent recording with the bisernica as well as a kantele I built from a kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7AvHq3BgzM
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: mando tuned ukes?

Sometimes I do wonder if anyone is following this thread...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Home Amp for 5 String

Have you tried Polytone amps? They are solid state amps with a very clean tone and are great for jazz. Joe Pass and Sam Bush both use them. Here is a clip of my Polytone Mini Brute with my Ryder 5...
  4. Replies
    Views

I recall someone here is indeed enjoying the Yamaha THR, I think the 5 version. I’m sure you would enjoy it fine.
  5. Replies
    Views

Marshall make some nice small practice amps with a lot of features that I find useful.
    For example, the MP3 jack will take any 3.5mm plug. And the headphone jack will pass everything. So you can...
  6. One need not have any super-fancy instrument to have bouzouki FUN

Hi.
    I've been playing folk music for well over a half century.
    Growing up in a lower middle class, less than affluent
    family, I had to scrimp & improvise to get the
    instruments I was rabidly...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: NEMD! Eastwood Mandocaster content

I bought the Morgan Monroe variant. They all seem to be made in the same factory in Asia. Adjusting the pickups on the treble side closer to the E strings helps to balance out the sound...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Boat on A River by Styx

http://www.mandolincafe.com/tab/boatontheriver.txt
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Boat on A River by Styx

Wow! forgot about this thread. I actually printed the tab from that link 4 years ago. The solo was crushing my spirit back then, but now I actually play along with the song.

I haven't posted on...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Apollonio Bell 'zouk

Cool instrument. Let us hear it when you get it.
    Bill
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Buying a bouzouki in Ireland - advice

I can't answer your specific questions, but my experiences in Ireland is that it's a remarkably hospitable country. You make friends, sip Guinness all day (without anyone ever getting drunk) and...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Irish bouzouki or OM tuned to CFAD?

It's not so much the difference in tone, although the "zing" of bouzouki may cut through a group of fiddlers, whistlers, and concertina players in an Irish session a little better than a...
  13. Replies
    Views

I'm very lucky

Just purchased a sobell mandola, ....you would not believe this instrument......It is so responsive, so warm and jangley....sounds almost like a dulcimer. This is an instrument that you can play...
  14. Replies
    Views

APC 308 Octave Mandolin review. BUDGET OMs

Hey guys
    A month ago I was in the process of choosing an Octave mandolin and someone suggested the Portuguese made APC but I couldn't find alot of info anywhere.
    So now that I have gotten one of...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Pickup question

I know it's a different sound, but I went with the Eastwood mandocaster about 6 years ago. After setting it up, it plays well. I can plug it into any amp, as it's got regular magnetic pickups. ...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Harmony to Octave Mandolin to Mandocello

Here's a quick sample. Just have my phone with me today, so not the best sound, but you get the idea.

https://youtu.be/tRIaHpMsybo
  17. Re: Who makes an affordable full custom 5-string electric mandoli

I have an Eastwood electric tenor, so I know what you mean about trying to find out something reasonable in the next step up. I love my JL Smith 5-string so much, I'm considering having him build me...
  18. Re: Who makes an affordable full custom 5-string electric mandoli

By no means am I trying to be offensive here but more about educating people that may want to commission a build. From a builders perspective, this statement "I don't have all the details figured...
  19. Re: Who makes an affordable full custom 5-string electric mandoli

I have a 16" scale 4 string mandola from Ryan Ruikavina (http://www.rukavinaguitars.com/mandolas_ukes.html). That I absolutely love. He can build you a fine 5 string for under $1000. He winds his own...
  20. Re: Who makes an affordable full custom 5-string electric mandoli

Not an answer to your question, just a little intrusion from the builders perspective:

If you want to keep the cost low...

*Make up you mind. 4 or 5 string, no middle ground.
    *Know what scale...
  21. Thread: Tiny's amp?

by Spruce
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tiny's amp?

Tiny would sound great through any amp...
    Hell, even Peaveys... ;)
  22. Thread: But but but...

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

But but but...

I was surprised and delighted at the general affordability of electric mandolins, and thought wow this is a more frugal way to indulge a little MAS. Maybe burn off some craving.

Three amplifiers...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Electrics Where to begin.

I don't own an Eastwood so factor that into my opinion but I think they are a fine electric mandolin. I do own a Morgan Monroe MMT-1E Tele shaped electric and I like it a lot. The pickups could use...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Post your rig!

Brand new Rukavina 16" scale mandola into a 60's harmony 410A tube amp. I wanted the kind of tone that Tiny Moore and Johnny Gimble had on the old Bob Wills records, and this is pretty close.149496
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Post your rig!

These two:

into this:

which then goes into this:
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4