Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: When did you take up the mandolin

I started to learn to play when I was in my 20's , now I am 67 and still have a lot to learn , and my fingers do everything my brains tells them to do and my memory is sharp , now I'm not bragging...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: hatefulness toward my bowlback mandola

That is so nice , I love Bowlbacks , I have one that I need to play more , I have the same problem with one of the tuners it slips a lot on the e string, In the past I made a remark about people ...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Bach Cello Suite I - Prelude

Perfect , a wonderful way to start a day , thank you
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: O mio babbino caro (Puccini)

I like to play the piece without the tremolo, I try not to use the tremolo to much but your tremolo is right on and I speed it up a bit when playing it alone but the piece lends itself to the tremolo...
  5. Re: Rosemary and Thyme Caprice for Giutar and mandolin

Hi Purdy Bear on Netflix you can watch all of them without commercials and the theme song well I finally learned it by listening to it , over and over , and over again, its a great song , love the...
  6. Re: English Country Dance tunes (David M. Brown arrangements)

Much thanks , such a treasure trove of wonderful music to play Thanks you
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: How to join a session?

One mistake that I made , I was trying to find a group in the city that I was living and I found this nice group of people and I went over to their house , they had a set book of tunes that they...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Sweet Georga Brown swing jazz

No problem , I need to get spell check , I have made some boners when it comes to spelling in the past , though I would give you an opening there but thanks for the music , been playing Georgia...
  9. Re: 3 Nordic waltzes: Kolde Vals, Klinke Vals, Nu är en dag framl

Thank you Martin , I am a great fan of Waltzes and have collected some really nice ones over the years
  10. Re: Parson Upon Dorothy (Playford, 1652), mandolin quintet

Martin your choice of music is superb , I am so enjoying playing along thank you
  11. Re: Nutmegs And Ginger (c. 1595), for broken consort

Martin my practice sessions are so expanding with all this great music , milk maids , nutmeg and ginger , I have so fallen in love with this music again thank you
  12. Re: The Merry, Merry Milkmaids (Playford, 1651)

Such a marvelous piece to play ,thank Martin
  13. Re: What If A Day Or A Month Or A Year (Thomas Campion, c. 1600)

Me to , what a wonderful piece , I so enjoyed playing along with it plus learning a new piece of music
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Fun French Horn Mando Duet

I think you both did good and having a lot of fun and about the bouncing well if that is the way you keep time and it works for you do it but if you can transfer that to the foot that would work to...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Antique Photo of a Mandolin of the Day

Great photos but did you know that in 100 to 200 years from now there are going to be photos of us with our mandolins saying mandolin players from the golden age of mandolin music so smile
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Pastorale and Country Dance

Very very nice if you close your eyes when hearing it takes you back to a different time , very nice .
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Little prelude in A minor

Realy realy good you have much to be proud of, would love to get the sheet music if you ever decide to publish it.