Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A5L

I bought my A5L from Curtis Peake a few years ago only to find that it is signed by Charlie Derrington which gave it a special mojo. Purchased from a once Bluegrass Boy and signed by the miracle...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Stiver stories

I am fortunate to own and play a Stiver F5 #334. Purchased from Elderly's in 2015 and I haven't put it down since. very balanced, great chop and nice midrange. I have a friend who bought an 1984...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Truss rod question on Stiver

Thank you everyone for your help snd thank you JString. I wrote to Lou and true to the gentleman he is, replied with a generous response. He suggested a 3/16 inch Allen wrench so there’s my answer....
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mike Blohm Handel Tuner Replicas

Mike Blohm made these for me a few years ago. I still enjoy looking at the headstock when I pick up the Stiver. Lovely buttons.

5. Re: If you could only own one mandolin, which one would you keep?

My Stiver F5 would be extremely difficult to part with. Love it.
  6. Replies
    Views

Handel replicas - Thank you Mike Blohm

I have just received a set of Handel replica tuning buttons crafted by Mike Blohm. I am very impressed with the quality of the work and they look spiffy to boot. Thanks Mike.

7. Replies
    Views

Stiver mandolin registry

I'm wanting to gauge if there is any interest in setting up a registry for Stiver mandolins. I am happy to set something up if there is some interest. I haven't quite thought of the structure or...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Ageing tuner buttons success.

I used paper towelling to remove the excess, rubbing until the towelling was not showing any stain. I can't smell shoe polish. I think tea is just as good but you may need to soak it overnight. I...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Orange Album!

Just bought it. They are just right aren't they?
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Sully's Straps - Outstanding!

I finally ordered my Sully Strap and had the pleasure of dealing with a true gentleman who was very patient, accommodating, interested and interesting. It's rare to find these traits as well as...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Going to Ireland

In Dublin go to The Brazen Head, O'Donaghue's and Johnny Fox's
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: A new mandolin needs a new strap...

It's 5mm Kangaroo lacing. Put up a pic when you make it.
  13. Replies
    Views

A new mandolin needs a new strap...

A new mandolin needs a new strap ..... so made this.

14. Replies
    Views

Re: My Stiver and me

Just some quick photos. I intended to take some better photos to really show it off but I keep playing it ha ha.

15. Replies
    Views

My Stiver and me

A friend of mine purchased a mid 80's Stiver about a year ago, which I played not long after he took possession. I have been unable to detach myself from the tone and playability of that mandolin...
  16. Replies
    Views

Just made a strap!!!

I have just made a strap from leather bootlaces for my A Style. Pretty chuffed about that.