Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: August Jazz TOM: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Taking Des's advice and diving in. Here is my submission. I was also enjoying listening to a version by Sonny Stitt Featuring Bobby Timmons (they play it in Eb). He plays what sounds to me like a...
  2. Re: August Jazz TOM: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

Nice take Michael!! I love your tone and even if you are learning the language you seem relaxed in your playing. Nice work!

I have been listening to a version I found by Donald Byrd. I think the...
  3. Re: July Jazz tune of the month: Yardbird Suite

Des, Nice Parker licks. I loved hearing you play those. nice work!

Here is my take:

https://soundcloud.com/user-782659534/yardbird-suite-71518-1118-am

Thanks, Larry
  4. Re: June Jazz tune of the month: Swing 42

Nice one Pete.! Did I hear a small Perdido snippet at around one minute?

David, great version. I'm always struck by the Jethro sound in your playing. You sound great!

I took a Gypsy Jazz...
  5. Re: May Jazz tune of the month: Body and Soul

I love this tune. Here is my submission. Happy Spring!

https://soundcloud.com/user-782659534/body-and-soul

Thanks, Larry
  6. Re: April Jazz tune of the month: What is This Thing Called Love?

Here is my submission. This was a tough one. I thought I could learn through osmosis and listening to all of the great recordings out there but it did not seem to work. I had to put in some practice...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Suspone

Nice!
  8. Re: March Jazz tune of the month: Soft Winds

Nice Dave, you and the Collings both sound good!
  9. Re: March Jazz tune of the month: Soft Winds

Here is my contribution. I agree with David and Alex. I like the horn keys too. I played it in Bb since I had also been playing around with Charles Mingus's Prayer Passive Resistance lately. I added...
  10. Poll: Re: Poll: March Jazz tune of the month

I love the Superbass version of Mack the Knife (Instrumental) I have never been fond of the vocal versions either. With Ray Brown, Christian McBride, and John Clayton it seems more like a vehicle for...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Jazz Workshop Performance

Nice Tom! I love the Hackensack take. I also listened to a few others you had posted. I dig the solo All Blues and Nardis, pretty amazing chord melody. I would love to hear your version of Search for...
  12. Re: February Jazz tune of the month: There Will Never Be Another

Here is a take I recorded. I successfully threw in a lick from Don's Tune #3 on Soundslice: Crafting jazzier solo lines on mandolin (https://www.soundslice.com/courses/247/).
    I tried to throw in a...
  13. Re: January Jazz tune of the month: Lady Be Good

Here is the Basie version:

CHIS5PtkxIg&feature=youtu.be

It lead me to another Basie/ Charlie Christian track, leading back to Crisscross's contribution.

-DKuc8KnYFM
  14. Re: January Jazz tune of the month: Lady Be Good

Here is a take I put together with the backing track. It's a great tune. I had to go back and listen to the Count Basie and the Kansas City Seven version. I have always loved how Basie plays on this...