Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor mandola cases

Niall we have this APC tenor mandola case http://www.moloneymusic.com/Products/Accessories_cases_straps_strings_parts_etc/instrument_cases/tenor_mandola_case#nav145instrumentcases
    and also an...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor mandola cases

Hi Niall,

I had a good, strong and lightweight case custom made for my mandola by Kingham Cases in the UK. The price at that time was not too bad.
  3. Replies
    Views

New Herb Taylor tenor guitar

Haven't had a chance to shoot a full set of photos but here are two that should peak some interest here...

4. Thread: The Hurricane

by Gan Ainm
    Replies
    Views

Re: The Hurricane

Great tune, but here's the thing Dagger. YOU are the one most of us would ask for advice on that, because you know, it's a really tricky bit, so unless Mike M. or Chris T. wander by with their Bach...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: "Highland Strands" cd by Kevin Macleod

My CD of Highland Strands arrived in the post this morning and as others have already mentioned it's great, sounds excellent, nice tunes beautifully played.

If anyone isn't familiar with Kevin's...
  6. Replies
    Views

New Gzouki action!

I know nothing about this folks, apart from it has Adam Rhodes in playing his newish Forster Gzouki along with some of his pals.

Great stuff!!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Baoz3p4HhX4

Nigel...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: When is a session not a session?

This is a session. A good one too! All welcome!

https://vimeo.com/88931315
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Pettersson & Fredriksson

I wanted to give this a bump as I just got this recording and it's really great. Daniel Fredriksson's Nordic mandola and mandora playing is just great. Super tunes and great nyckelharpa playing as...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: The Occasionals

LOL as Davey Cameroon has it! Well our gig fees aren't quite up to the level of a Hebridean Island at 2.5mill, more like a wee tidal lump with some dulse .... and a sea urchin or two!

Ullapool...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Women with Mandolins

It seems time to flash the yellow card in the thread again. Let's please keep the comments above locker room or bar level.

Jamie
  11. Re: Monteleone Mandocello - Mick Marshal close up

Yes, exactly. Anyone who has tried to play a mandocello realizes at once its NOT like playing a mandolin or even a mandola or an octave mandolin.

Its a "hole-nother" level of difficulty.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: scottish tunes question

Remember also that there are different types of Scottish pipes.

The main ones you might hear in pipe bands are usually called Highland pipes, or big pipes, or The Great Highland Bagpipe. These...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: scottish tunes question

Niall has explained the situation very well here, Werner. The bagpipe music, if you are working from that, will show all the embellishments a piper might play in a tune, and many of those are unique...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Useful piece of kit for DPA mic etc

Just a general comment about Orchid electronics; they are increasingly the choice of pro musicians this side of the pond (UK). All of their stuff is built to 'on the road' standards, and they are...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Useful piece of kit for DPA mic etc

It might work for muting the signal from a DPA 4099 (although you'd have to try it to be sure), but I don't think it will work for adding a tuner pedal. There is no preamp for the mic in this signal...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Bartlett Mics

I recently purchased one and have used it three times. Very easy to hook up - the mic holder clips to your tailpiece and the mic clips to the holder. The neck on the holder is firm, but adjustable,...