Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Carter Vintage

by Rashi63
    Replies
    Views

Carter Vintage

Took a trip to Nashville yesterday and went to Carter Vintage. I just can’t say enough about how amazing that place is - especially the staff. Kim Sherman deserves a special shout out. I went home...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Musings on picks

We have the twin luxuries of expendable income and too much time to feed our neuroses so we obsess about minutia. Find what you can hold on to and gets the tone you want and start playing more.
  3. Replies
    Views

Bach Invention No. 11, BMV 782

Our son was visiting a bit over the Christmas holiday and before he left this morning, I was able to put a mandolin into his hands for a little bit and we recorded this at home yesterday. This...
  4. Replies
    Views

Marty Stuart solo mando Tom Petty cover

Hi all, forgive me if this was posted elsewhere- I searched and didn't see it, but man, the title of the threat says it all.

Solo mandolin shred Tom Petty cover.

Marty, that's awesome. ...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Clown Barf Construction

You put a clown on a tilt-a-whirl for long enough…
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Amazing Nugget F5 at Carter's!

The best sounding Nugget I’ve ever heard or played resides in eastern Kansas and it IMO is one of the finest mandolins out there. I’ve heard it played on many, many occasions and funny thing is, I...
  7. Replies
    Views

Psychograss LIVE in Vermont

I received notification that a soundboard recording of Psychograss's May 4th, 2002 show was just released on Bandcamp. I've been listening to it all day and thought I would share. I have NFI.
  8. Replies
    Views

Casey Driessen & Taro Inoue

Never heard of Taro Inoue until Casey dropped the Otherlands album recently. This is some awesome picking and musical dialog between the two. Enjoy!

iJDhMLnnGjg
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD - Apitius Classic

here's anothern

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iOXm5s23bA
  10. Replies
    Views

Goat Rodeo Tiny (Home) Desk Concert

I looked around for this on the forum, and didn't see it - so wanted to share. Nicely edited home "concert" by Goat Rodeo on NPR's Tiny Desk Concerts). The music is (of course) amazing, but if you're...
  11. Replies
    Views

Like they don't know me

Hi everyone,

I'm sharing a little musical catharsis with you all. I recently went through one of these moments when you feel like you're not in sync with your loved ones. Like they didn't know me...
  12. Interesting study on pentatonic scale usage

I was browsing around the net on the topic of pentatonics this morning and came across this interesting study from Anton Schwartz.

https://antonjazz.com/2016/01/pentatonic-scales/
  13. Replies
    Views

Drunk at the party

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share with you a jazzy song for two mandolins and fake audience that I've written. It's been a lot of fun!

Best,

Isaac

aLiY7k6g_ck
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Clown Barf picks available

Clowns are an endangered species these days and their barf can only be harvested during certain seasons. This is why these picks are so rare. :)
  15. Re: Norman Blake-Original Underground Music from the Mysterious S

For the record, I'm not selling anything. I'm just offering these to anyone interested. Norman's tunes and specifically this album, hold a special place in my heart. I just want these tunes...
  16. Re: Amazing video of Josh Luttrell finishing an Ellis

Go Advanced, young man.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Gigs Cancelled - Health and Safety

I have had a number of my shows cancelled over the years for 'Health and Safety' reasons . . . the promoters were afraid that once I started playing, there would be a stampede for the exit, and...
  18. Replies
    Views

Jethro Tull (unplugged)

1987 MTV Unplugged. Ian Anderson/Martin Barre/Dave Pegg

"Serenade to a Cuckoo" & ""Skating Away" (Dave Pegg is on mandolin on the latter)

19. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor Guitar Gallery & Sightings

I just found this band by accident.....

WXjhTIvixOg

The cello is fantastic. The tenor player appears to have the same model that Eddie Condon played.