Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Sarah jarosz

by onswah
    Replies
    Views

Re: Sarah jarosz

Not mine. I wish I could link to the post where I got this from.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Best all time Inlay's

I'm obviously biased but I think the inlay of my Beagle on the headstock of my Girouard A is pretty great!

3. “Teach Your Children” Father’s Day Jam

Me and my brother and sister playing one of our dad’s favorites for him- Happy Father’s Day, Mandolin Cafe!

https://youtu.be/LrJBjFgqSag
  4. Re: RSW's Jerry Rosa & The Mysterious Sam Bush Upside-Down Truss

John, if you caught that part of the video, you didn't miss anything important.

YouTube viewers seem to love these guys, but they get a lot more wrong that right. Not to sound overly harsh, but...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman OM - a one-month review

Here’s a link to a video I made playing Dry and Dusty on the MDO305. Really having a great time getting to know this thing.
  6. Thread: Levon Helm

by journeybear
    Replies
    Views

Re: Levon Helm

I saw the news about today being the ninth anniversary of Levon Helm's passing, and rather than start a thread about him, thought I'd bump up one. This is it - lots of wonderful stuff in here. What a...
  7. Thread: Fern?

by sunburst
    Replies
    Views

Re: Fern?

It's doubtful that anyone here would remember this one. I Think I posted pictures of it back in the early part of this century when I finished it. Serial # 007.
    (My sense of humor slips right past a...
  8. Replies
    Views

Hewlett on Octave Mandolin

Yes I'm wearing green

UETda4U1zo4
  9. Replies
    Views

Arrangement of a Finnish folksong

This is my arrangement of a Finnish folksong “Pii pii, pikkuinen lintu”.
    https://youtu.be/bOp-D1QBWE0

It's a song about the cold winter and a little translation of the lyrics of the song would be...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Truss Rod Question

I owned a newer MDA-815 mandola. When I attempted adjusting, it reached its thread limit and I stopped. The neck was not perfectly straight, but functionally straight enough. I have traded off that...
  11. Replies
    Views

Stolen mandolin recovered!

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a very happy story with you, and it's really only happy because of the help of this wonderful community here on Mandolin Cafe!

Earlier last year our shop was...
  12. new lessons:12 bar blues(Mandomike)-hey, subscribe, he needs 50

for Feb 2021 MandoMike has posted a free monthly lesson for beginner and advanced players on 12 bar blues.

while there, subscribe to his youtube channel as he needs 50 to reach 1K.

enjoy some...
  13. Thread: Larkin Poe

by jefflester
    Replies
    Views

Re: Larkin Poe

About 27min into this one, a jamming instrumental then Mad as a Hatter as well as mando-centric talk. From just a ~week ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz7XMC6f_Xk
  14. Thread: Larkin Poe

by journeybear
    Replies
    Views

Re: Larkin Poe

Perhaps she hasn't found a way to integrate the mandolin into the blues she and Megan are clearly dedicated to playing these days. :confused: She sure has gotten good at singing, though, which seems...
  15. Thread: Larkin Poe

by journeybear
    Replies
    Views

Larkin Poe

I'm astonished to see there is no thread devoted to Larkin Poe. Rebecca Lovell has gotten much deserved praise over the years for her mandolin playing. :mandosmiley: Just because The Lovell Sisters...
  16. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Cafe Milestones

As I sit here today, on this palindromic day of 1/23/21, gazing into my computer screen, noticing that this will be my 12,000th post, I reflect upon all that the Mandolin Café has been, done, and...
  17. Replies
    Views

Uncle John's Band Mandolin Lesson

Dig into this iconic G major lick.

Enjoy - Andrew Hendryx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3uOFO04SkA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3uOFO04SkA
  18. Replies
    Views

The Joy of an OM

I’d like to share an experience that might inform someone else on their quest towards whatever musical goals they pursue.

I’ve played mandolin for a long time, have owned—and sold—numerous fine...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: MidMo at Shopgoodwill

Yeah I saw the pictures of yours when Zach was looking at it. Needs more work than mine did for sure. Very cool that you are rescuing it :mandosmiley:
  20. Replies
    Views

My Mid-Mo mandola had a sunken top/loose brace when I got it. The C string buzzed like crazy in the upper frets. I could've returned it, but I liked it too much. It was an easy and inexpensive repair...
  21. Replies
    Views

Xntric: I have been stuck on a few SGW purchases. Usually the sellers will not budge on reducing price even if it is a misrepresentation. I was curious about the paper taped on the back but they...
  22. Replies
    Views

Oh, right on! Sound like you got a great backup/beater :)

Happy picking!
  23. Build thread - Forster 8 string Irish bouzouki

Happy new year to you all.

After a week or so off I’m back in the workshop and am starting the year with a build thread. So if you keep coming back, you’ll see this bouzouki going from bits of...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Tune from The Mandolin Store Site

I believe it is called “Drinking Three Cups of Espresso and Playing Lots of Notes Very Quickly.” :)

At first it almost sounded like a choro tune. Then it seemed to veer off into some Dawg music...
  25. Re: Backing Irish music with guitar after playing mandolin melody

If you are really at the very start of your chordal explorations, I would suggest that you learn basic chords in the common keys we use in trad music - C Major, G Major, D Major and A. For each key...
Page 1 of 2 1 2