Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: No motivation

This has been a difficult time for many folks; probably more than many of us realize. I’m glad that you reached out. To reach out can take a lot of strength.

Isolation comes in many forms:...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in the Martin Museum.

I'd be happy if someone could just introduce a case for the Style A's. Those seem to always be in demand here.
  3. Replies
    Views

Mandolins in the Martin Museum.

My son and I took the Martin tour today. They had quite a few mandolins on display in their museum. Thought I’d share some pics.
  4. Re: Rochester NY Mandolin Orchestra debuts Sept. 14

Well, the debut performance at the North Winton Festival was quite successful!

Here are some photos and live recordings.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: D'Addario Strings - Ask Us Anything

We can certainly consider it - I'll have to do more research into the needs and requirements.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Martin Mando Finish Repair Q

Not bad. Getting there.
    Looks like you're not quite level yet, and it looks like there might still be some low places. I'd suggest filling the low places a little more, let it all cure for at least...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Martin Mando Finish Repair Q

Some people tape the edges of a razor blade and scrape touch-ups level, I only do that sometimes. usually, I just use an exacto blade and magnifying visors and use side lighting and practiced...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Extensive Martin Mandolin Collection

That's the pick guard they used in the first years they made the flat back mandolins, 1914-1916, according to the Mike Longworth book.

The one third from the right, front row on top of the table,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: The Fall - Mandolin Content?

Oh what a drag. I read the thread title and thought, finally some love for my boys on the MC....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Bg7_7P84I
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Lebanese & Middle Eastern Music

When I was learning oud in the late 70's, he was considered one of the best Arabic players.
  11. Mandolin and Tenor Uke arr of Pastheen Fionn (Irish Air)

Mandolin, tenor uke, and soprano recorder perform the very old Irish air Pastheen Fionn. 1 track of mandolin; 2 tracks of uke; and 1 track of recorder. I like how this uke (made by Makai) sounds like...