Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Sierra Ferrell: lots of mandolin content

She's amazing and so is her band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHoixofvso

spHoixofvso
  2. Re: Have Fishman Piezo Bridge Pickups Substantially changed since

Blackface/Silverface type Fender amps are surprisingly flattering to piezo amplified acoustic instruments. I think it's a combination of the broad midrange dip in the preamp (centred around 500Hz)...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Pedal novice question re: preamp pedal

RedEye makes a two instrument pre, which would simplify your setup, most likely need only one tuner too.
  4. Replies
    Views

I also came across this two-channel pre: EBS Stanley Clarke Acoustic Preamp. It was designed for upright bass, but could certainly be used for any acoustic instruments. MSRP is about $140 less than...
  5. Replies
    Views

A surprisingly elegant solution, IMO. Thomann sells these Artec pedals for $US 41, though shipping is expensive.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Live Mic for Mandolin Recommendations

Hey Craig,
    I wrote about this a bit in an older post:
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/148317-Tone-Dexter-users?p=1753054&viewfull=1#post1753054

Think of an IR (impulse response) as a...
  7. L.R. Baggs Voiceprint DI Pedal Review and Thoughts

Gear used: Martin D35 Dreadnought Acoustic guitar with Baggs Lyric pickup; Prucha F5 Mandolin with K&K internal Pickup; Fishman Loudbox Performer Acoustic Amp; Google Pixel 6 Android phone

I...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 515 tuning machines upgrade

Took it to the local dealer and had the tech do it. He didn't indicate anything other than an easy swap.
  9. Re: Pick Choice on Electric Mandolin vs Acoustic

I have been "breaking in" My El Rey for a few months and have been using the same picks (Wegen and Thiele). I did discover one thing while using other picks: while I like the feel of the more...
  10. Replies
    Views

Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

Hi fellow mandolin lovers. For some sort of continuity I've decided to start this thread to post my videos.Most all my music is done here in my kitchen. Low tech. Tascam DR07 mk-ll, no effects, for...
  11. Re: replacement for Eastman mandocello tuners

I switched the stock ones out for some Grovers... 409s?

I had to move the shafts on the tuners (short ones to long ones, etc,) and drill one new hole for each side, but no holes show and they work...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: replacement for Eastman mandocello tuners

I replaced the original Pingwell tuners mostly because I didn't like their look. My violin finish MDC 805 has an ebony fretboard and the ebony cover on the tailpiece with gold colored hardware. I...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: small guitar to tenor conversion

First of all, I'm not much of a craftsman, so I needed something really easy. And I found it by sheer luck: I converted my Germany-built 1972 Framus Studio archtop to a four-string a few months back....
  14. Replies
    Views

Mr fox has had good results with old Harmony guitars. These usualy have a non adjustable truss rods so the neck has plenty of wood left. He may have started from scratch on the neck in this video.
  15. Replies
    Views

I have had success plugging tuner holes and veneering both sides of the peg head for tuner changes. I have had guitar necks break off at the peg head after slimming down. A first step would be to...
  16. Replies
    Views

Electric mandolin - who's interesting?

'Scuse my ignorance, but can someone advise who I might listen to for interesting electric mandolin playing? I'm talking about electric as in 'electric guitar', rather than 'amplified'. I had a...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Peace by Sarah Jarosz

I was listening to this song today and decided to do a full transcription in both standard notation (which I find easier to read) and tab. The recorded versions differ (minorly) in different spots,...
  18. Thread: Amplification

by mbruno
    Replies
    Views

Re: Amplification

I play in a 6 person (sometimes 7) band with one or two loud electric guitars, a drummer, percussionist, and bassist at least (line up can vary a bit). I use a Newson mandolin with a K&K pickup...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: "The Bickford Method for Mando-cello"

Thanks Jim. I’ll be happy to post the file in Bass Clef here later. I have one more Mandocello method book. It’s not nearly as nice as this one, but I’m considering transcribing into Dorico for...
  20. Replies
    Views

Mandolin discord

Hey all, I'm trying to start a mandolin discord page. I'd appreciate it if anyone joined - being able to show off/ help others via voice or video, get help/help others with tips and general...
  21. Replies
    Views

mounting the AT350 MANDO MIKE

ITS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR MIKE'S OUT THERE ( CHRIS THILE ,RONNIE MCCOURY AND MANY OTHERS) THE PROBLEM IS ... IT HAS ONE BIG STUPID ALLIGATOR CLIP. HERE'S WHAT YOU DO..... ORDER THE VIOLIN CLIP FOR...
  22. Thread: Compressor?

by foldedpath
    Replies
    Views

Re: Compressor?

Just a few observations from experience:

Compressors are one of my favorite tools for bringing "forward" an instrument during the mixdown phase of a recording. It's also essential to mastering,...
  23. Thread: Compressor?

by McIrish
    Replies
    Views

If you want to use compressor on mandolin, I would recommend the Barber Tone Press. It has a setting for fast FET compression and a blend knob for doing parallel compression. What that means is that...
  24. Thread: Compressor?

by Jim Bevan
    Replies
    Views

I've been using the L.R.Baggs Session Acoustic DI with good results.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Peace by Sarah Jarosz

New! and Improved! Whiter! Brighter! Longer-lasting!

...no, seriously, I cleaned up some of those transitions I missed on the first pass. Also here's the version I took it from:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4