Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: String gauges for Yank Rachell E tuning

Thanks! I probably have strings for octave as well, but was more interested in trying, hearing, what it sounds and plays like in a different key. It’s one thing to tune your mandolin a certain...
  2. Re: Chris Thile Acoustic Music Camp just announced

I just sent them an email. Seems like a place where i would be in a different stratosphere than any of the people mentioned, but a unique experience the same. Checking with my wife, and we may go....
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: I can’t find The Blues in my Mandolin

It’s got to be in there. Mine had it. But i cant find mike marshall in mine. There are a few courses that can help layout some simple blues scales in different keys, and once you have that...
  4. Re: The sound of a tenor guitar vs a six string

I am drawn to tenors as well, originally because it was a different sound to add in with guitars to break things up. Even though i have had a few for about 10 years, it’s one of my weakest...
  5. Re: New John Lawlor signature model tenor guitar from Craven

They are imported to Canada, then shipped out.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: A string breaking...often

Its happened to me as well. I dont break strings often, but if i do, it’s that A on the blue ridge BR40t. Whenever i restring it, there’s that moment of fear and anticipation that the string will...
  7. Re: Looking for a octave mandolin case, not having luck

I am always on the look out for blue mandolins. Not many out there. Came across her website, saw some funky colors and gave her a call. She had the image thats ion there engraved, which is a...
  8. Re: Looking for a octave mandolin case, not having luck

Thanks for the lead!
  9. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

I do not have the background on the tech aspects of the pickups and preamps. I do however have some experience with the k and k pickups. Both good and bad. The k and k in my loar 600 is ok. But...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Zimnicki in classified info

[QUOTE=allenhopkins;1835153]While I've not taken advantage of this service, Cafe posters have said that if you call Elderly, some of the sales staff will not only discuss the specifics of the...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Jerry's Birthday Gig

That was nice. Great sound!
  12. Re: Steve Knightly talks about his approach to Tenor guitsr

I enjoyed his video. Thanks for posting!
  13. Re: Mandolinists RIOTING over unfair String License fee

Thanks for lightening the day!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: "Not Our First Goat Rodeo"

Just think what they could achieve if they only practiced.
  15. Re: Duke Ellington's Don't Get Around Much Anymore GDAE

Thanks for putting that together!
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Home Amp for 5 String

The word home, or bedroom amp always throws me off. There are times I play my Eastwood mandocasterunplugged, and family will complain its too loud. That being said, I would always suggest taking...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue. Stomps, & Rags 25

That was great! I don’t think I could get that tremolo down like he has. It starts and stops on a dime. Mine takes a few swings to get up to speed, then I can’t stop. He just controls it from...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A5G info please.

Thanks to all that chimed in. Very helpful as always. As of now I have passed on the deal. Most likely I Will try and sell my gear off out right and go buy what I want. Unless the right deal...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Brown Eyed Women on mando and guitar

That was a great morning opener!
  20. Re: Mandocello, goldtone and Eastman comparisons please

It arrived Wednesday. Here’s my take on the good and not so good

Contrary to the shippers statement of thorough setup, it needs a set up. Best I can do is lowerthe bridge, which I lowered the...
  21. Mandocello, goldtone and Eastman comparisons please

Hi. It’s been a while since I saw updates on the goldtone Mandocello threads. I was hoping to hear from some of the folks that purchased them, how they feel about it after having it a while. I...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: How do you get better at the mandolin?

Other than visiting this site, what’s practice.
  23. Re: Emmylou Harris "When I Paint My Masterpiece" mando?

Thanks for posting this. It’s a great cover of a great song.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Amplifier recommendation

I have had great success with the Schertler Jam. It runs a bit more than the standard fishman and assorted main stream acoustic amps, but it’s a world of difference in sound. Small package, 8”...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Pickup question

I know it's a different sound, but I went with the Eastwood mandocaster about 6 years ago. After setting it up, it plays well. I can plug it into any amp, as it's got regular magnetic pickups. ...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3