1. Replies
    Views

Re: Porcupine Tree - Trains - chord Dadd4add9

GREAT SONG!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut3OQzfaeSw
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky 272 and my big problem

Thanks for your good humor and thoughts everyone. Rest assured that Bucky isn't going anywhere though I am considering having the neck scooped so I can hit the stings where and how I want to, not...
  3. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

They should as those mandolins are arguably better (in my opinion) than the majority of Gibsons in circulation.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar-period A-Jrs.

Looks great! Enjoy picking your little piece of history.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Brought home a Buckeye!

You'll love it! They're great mandolins, so great that I can't imagine trading mine in for most anything, in fact my M.A.S. is fortunately D.O.A. John Reischman who knows a good mandolin (!) had...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Would appreciate some opinions please.

Buckeye! Def. worth checking out and certainly comparable with the Duff - Ellis - Pava - etc. group.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: My mandolin got eaten by a Stratocaster.

Funny, I'm 47 and for no good reason at all I recently bought a Fender MIM Mustang equipped with P-90s. Cheap but FUN guitar that oh so wants to play CCR AND Nirvana! My amp is little tube Bugera V5...
  8. Re: Guitar-maker Gibson Brands files for bankruptcy

Good luck Gibson.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Column: Where is Bluegrass Headed?

Thank goodness Pink Floyd didn't spend too much time learning the Little Richard and Chuck Berry repertoire.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Jerry Douglas Band at Grey Fox

Hi. I'm really hesitant to engage in this conversation which seems primed to ruffle feathers. I'll do my best to tread lightly.

Most of us, but by no means all of us, really like traditional...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Worst scroll of the last century?

No way! Those reverse scrolls are very cool looking little mandolins. If a reputable modern builder were to put some together I'd be interested in giving one a spin.
  12. Re: If you win Powerball, which Loar would you buy

The Loar signed Gilcrhist!
  13. Re: 3 Favorite Mandolin CDs (not by Bill, David, Ricky, Sam & Chr

Ouch, tough call since there are so many albums to choose from. Here are some thoughts:

1) I agree with Douglas McMillan that you should get something by Matt Flinner. My person favorite is The...