Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman ERM El Rey

Got to play one of these today. As of yet it’s the only one in Australia, and unfortunately it was at a guitar show in a trade hall full of stalls selling 6 stringed axes to shredders with amps set...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Ebay find

Reported for spam
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastwood Mandocaster upgrade

Pete's pickups are fantastic. Haven't used them with the Eastwood specifically but happy with the hotrods I have used them on.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: 100,000 threads?

Amazingly only 9,364 of them are about what those little rubber donuts in between the strings near the tailpiece are.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Amplification & setting ideas

Take the line out of the baggs DI to your amp, send the XLR output to the PA system
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: A few questions about electric mandolins

Some folk like to bend strings, and prefer the sound and feel of a mini-electric guitar.
    If you bend strings on a double strung course, each string they stretch a different amount, and the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Coombe Mandolins

I played a few of Peter's mandos he had on display at Port Fairy earlier this year. Each had slight variances effecting feel and tone:, timber, neck length, aperture style etc.

They were all...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe's Loar

Surely there comes a time in a mule's life when it has been whipped enough, and it makes more sense to use healthier mules for the purpose?
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Acoustic/Electric Pedal Board

Fair enough. Just trying to de-clunkify things a bit, anything that says it will do the job should indeed be fine, it's a matter of if you can find one you like with regards to powering the unit etc....
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Metal Bluegrass...

The iron Horse are great, I have their Back in Bluegrass ACDC tribute.

There are bluegrass versions of a lot of classic artists, look for the 'Pickin' On ___________ ' series all sorts of...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: "American" versus "European" mandolin

There are two kinds of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Issue with Feedback

Red eye is a good choice, as is playing gigs that have competent sound techs.

For louder bands, I actually think the fishman bridge pickup (M200, M300) is a better option than the K&K Twin. The...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: pickups & preamps

There's actually quite a few discussions about the AKG c411 here on the cafe
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: mandolin tattoos

not great pics, a couple of years old now.
  15. Replies
    Views

Sorry, I don't understand what I dodged.
    There certainly is a way to ignore users, though as of yet I have not found reason to utilize the feature. If I were to block you, your post would still be...
  16. Replies
    Views

This is a thread about mandolin tattoos.
    Either your tattooist made a spelling mistake (hence my comment) or your post is off topic and bordering on contravening forum rules regarding trolling and...
  17. Thread: Gibson sound

by Ben Milne
    Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson sound

No, but they all sound like Gibsons.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Adding a Cast Tailpiece?

bridge, nut, setup etc. good ideas..

here's an analogy for what i think Ed was getting at.
  19. Replies
    Views

I don't have pics uploaded of my right side yet... but this is my left... the second pic was before the inside has been filled.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Eddie Vedder: Mandolin Player

Here's a couple of shots of Eddie's uke... has one steel string strangely....
    http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk106/enginearing/25112009004.jpg...