Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Fret Wire Questions

Check out Dragon Plate. Last time I ordered five 0.125,0.500,24” for $7 ea. Plus &11 shipping.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: First pickguard Attempt

Looks very nice Joey. I really like the way some areas are transparent. Good job!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Getting the Gallatin look

Charlie,
    One other piece of advice is that when you think you’ve added enough dye, you haven’t. Once the first sealer/finish coats are sprayed the colors brighten greatly. This mandolin looked...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Which bridge should I get?

Bill James bridges can be found at axinc.net. Equivalent to CA bridges IMHO. Shipping is rather steep for one bridge...
  5. Replies
    Views

This is a new build, so no old finish to worry about. As long as you’ve got the clear coats off a little dye left shouldn’t matter since you’re re-dying dark.
  6. Replies
    Views

Just finished an attempt at Gallatin faded leather yesterday. Not sure how close I got as I had only internet photos to guide me. Used Transtint med. brown dye in alcohol(started with recommended...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Source for pre-carved plates

http://www.oldworldtonewood.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32_101
  8. Celluloid binding victim of Trump’s tariff war

Just saw this on the Axiom website
    Between the (33% ?) haz-mat shipping fee and this “tariff”, wood binding is starting to look cost effective !

Information about China Tariff

To our...
  9. Re: Finished first build - Thanks for all of the help

Excellent job! Not easy to pull off a blonde top. Good luck with your next build.
  10. Re: Thinking of build oval hole and f-style at the same time...

I have found that building two mandolins concurrently saves a significant amount of machine setup time. As the differences in their designs increase, the build steps fall “out of sync”, e.g. F5 vs...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: "Ice tea" sunburst

I sent you a PM with my "recipe"
  12. Replies
    Views

A brighter photo...168927
  13. Replies
    Views

Bernie,
    If you think this is similar enough, I can send you the Tans-Tint dyes/ratios used.Was air-brushed, not rubbed.
    John
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: graduation advice

I found that acrylic templates speed up the process of redrawing the contour lines after each carving/scraping/sanding.