Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Red Diamond July 9 Roasted - 291R

I'm the proud new owner of a Red Diamond Mandolin. 291R. It was built in 2018 and so far its blowing my socks off. I think it has ended my MAS and I plan to have this for quite some time. I mistyped...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin classical literature

I should mention that I am a retired Library of Congress music cataloger. Now I go into LC once a week as a volunteer to catalog mandolin music that has languished uncataloged in the stacks for well...
  3. Replies
    Views

Japanese Commission / Premiere

Greetings, global mando-friends.

I am delighted to share the exciting news that the Sapporo Plectrum Ensemble will premiere Under the Northern Star, a work I have written expressly for them, at a...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Phoenix mandolins closing shop?

Thanks for all the kind words about Phoenix mandolins and the support for Jenny. She made the difficult phone call to me a while back and, while it is sad, it is a good move for her. She is an...
  5. Re: Sierra Hull and Ethan Jodziewicz in concert, June 9, 2017

Awesome vid, Scott. Many thanks for posting as I now have a new mandolinist to follow.

For as long as I can recall, this is the type of true musicianship that really speaks to me. Complex,...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Tips on chords in Jazz

Dear drbhrb,

Please be more specific about which chord sounds you don't like. I don't mean to defend my bad sounding chords, and I would like to help. A quick review of the samples above...