Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Ornamentations in a Jig

I've reached a stage in my playing where I'm starting to put in ornamentation and simple variations, and trying to do so on the fly. It doesn't always come off but a great learning tool is to video...
  2. Replies
    Views

Free Greek Music Book

I found on the web a free greek music book by Ricardo S疣chez Alf駻ez, 10 melodies with sheet music and mp3 files. This is the link:

http://6266207-0.alojamiento-web.es/wordpress/?p=707

You...
  3. Replies
    Views

Star of County Down

This is a mixture of parts written by myself and the excellent arrangement by Evelyn Tiffany痴 Castiglioni. The mandolin parts are played on a lovely Phil Davidson Celtic mandolin, whilst the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Oll An Gerriow E地 Beaz Cornish tune

My latest mandolin ensemble arrangement, with video footage of the quaint Cornish fishing village of Padstow at Christmas time. Hope you enjoy it:

https://youtu.be/BcVRIL2FyTA

Robbie
  5. Replies
    Views

Ignaz Pleyel: "Six petits duos" (1806)

Following the recent discussion of Victor's excellent Rondo Galante based on a Pleyel theme, I've had another look at Pleyel's violin duos.

I'm not the first to note that Pleyel's "Six petits...
  6. Re: Looking for renaissance pieces for my tenor guitar

There are lots of public domain sources out there, polyphonic music (for ensemble playing) as well as monophonic music (single melody lines suitable for solo playing).

I attach two PDFs of solo...
  7. Replies
    Views

The Great Scottish Composers

I have compiled a small booklet looking at twelve different Scottish composers from the past 300 years, giving musical examples and a brief biography of each. I have chosen musicians who have,...
  8. Free UK & European tunebooks from LarkInAM (NFI)

I have bought various instruments from Lark In The Morning stores, back when they still had stores in San Francisco, Mendocino, and Seattle. Now they're online only. :crying: Their site features a...
  9. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Gino di Rosa transcribed the popular waltz in 2010. It's a wonderful addition to the discussion of ballo liscio. This piece personifies all that is good in the dance tradition, and probably serves...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Accordion-Mandolin Italian sheet music

Just uploaded a dozen new titles from the di Bella Dance albums. Most are simply re-vised from music in the early 20s, and "accordionly" the familiar mandolin titles are transposed to more friendly...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Accordion-Mandolin Italian sheet music

I just added three new titles: two are Galla-Rini arrangements of Rhapsody in Blue and Bumble Boogie. The other is an ancient showpiece titled Jolly Caballero by Pietro Frosini. There are now more...
  12. Replies
    Views

Maryland Police Dispose of Dangerous Accordion

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/bs-md-ho-suspicious-package-20120803-story.html

It's nice to see police dealing appropriately with a threat, for a change. Just imagine if it had...
  13. Antonina for mandolin orchestra, score and parts

I used part of the holiday to update my Mandolin Orchestra and Ensemble Compositions page at my Mandotopia site. Mostly I added several more recent titles to the list, but I also created a page with...
  14. The Quill composed by Gina Le Faux for Carlo Aonzo

Here's a tune I composed in December 2013. It's called 'The Quill' and I wrote it for mandolin virtuoso Carlo Aonzo. This is a live recording from a rehearsal with me on melody mandolin and Patrick...
  15. La Vie (E. Tiffany-Castiglione), mandolin/mandocello duet

I've just recorded an original tune written by Cafe member "harper" (Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglione): "La Vie".

This is a brief but elegant vignette in waltz time written by harper in 2012,...
  16. Fin Du Siecle waltzes / La Farfalla mazurka

These are two Italian dances from around 1900 from a stack of copies I was recently sent by a kindly soul. Both were published by P. Tesio in New York, as usual for the genre in arrangements for two...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Scottish tunes for mandolin

Looks fine to me, Evelyn.
  18. Replies
    Views

Leginka a Russian polka

Do you Lesginka ?

watch?v=5KGk3_a40Q0

from the book "A Little Couple Dance Music" by Peter Barnes
  19. Replies
    Views

Free PDF Tunebook (Volume Four)

On my forum (The Gathering) I have a tune of the week feature involving a nominated tune which people play and discuss. It's building into an interesting collection of tunes (we're at No.79 just...
  20. Rondeau from Suite No 2 in B minor (BWV 1067) - J S Bach

Arranged for mandolin quartet and (optional) string bass

https://soundcloud.com/andabouk/rondeau-from-suite-no-2-in-b

score attached

parts available on request

Andy
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Christmastime Is Here

You can even embed them

ulQBIOn8Npo
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: estampies et danses royales - II

there are some books dealing with the "proper" playing of medieval music but most relate to the church's taste and requirements. what secular music sounded like must have been influenced by this but...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: O'Flaherty Irish Music retreat anyone?

I had heard a lot about Marla Fibish (Fie-Bish) on the cafe, I have her DVD, and i even took a Skype lesson from her but I never got a chance to see her in person or take a series of lessons.
    I...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: O'Flaherty Irish Music retreat anyone?

This is the Antrim Rose setting that Marla taught.

http://youtu.be/TIUOyRLhAc0

I'll have a complete report this weekend.

Mike Keyes
  25. Replies
    Views

Planxty George Brabazon

Tune attributed to Turlough O'Carolan

arranged for 3 mandolins (chord guitar added for this recording)

Perhaps a little fast, but gives the feel of a hornpipe.

a turkey seems to have crept...
Page 1 of 2 1 2