Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard quartet - phase 1

Hello again everyone. Just over 2 years since my first post the Girouard mando quartet is complete. The octave arrived last Friday. It was delayed about 6 months just waiting for a case. Here are...
  2. Replies
    Views

Ellis Eclipse Model

fun with shadows209992209991
  3. Re: New album from Baron Collins-Hill and Noah Fishman

I see that Barron already posted that the CDs are available, and they gave Dick Walton credit for Safe Harbor Rag. Interestingly enough Dick lived below Three Mile Island and was one heck of a good...
  4. Re: map of acoustic instrument dealers worth a visit

Always looking for an interesting project. So a list of mandolin friendly retail destinations on a map with maybe 15-20 must visits? Something like this... https://www.mandolincafe.com/workshops/ -...
  5. Replies
    Views

Alan Niederland Memorial Mandolin Give Away

I have decided to give away one of my mandolins in honor of my friend Alan Niederland. Many of us have been touched by his generous nature. Personally, in addition to much music, Alan introduced me...
  6. David Surette Mandolin Festival! May 5-7, 2023 in Concord, NH

Hi everyone!

Isa Burke here, daughter of Mandolin Cafe hero David Surette. As many of you know, we lost my dad in December 2021, and my mom and sister and I have taken up the job of continuing the...
  7. Re: Gilchrist Using The Tone Traveler On Mike Compton's Mandolin

Absolutely; a universal truth. But you'll have to admit, it can sometimes lead to the object really opening up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDJauqHH53k
  8. Re: Sourcing Custom Trapeze Tailpieces (Archtop Guitar Style)

I have had Andrew Mowry make me some beautiful ebony tenor crosspieces. Complete with inner metal stop plates. Very easy to work with and very nice quality at a good price. You can find the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: David Surette's health

Thank you for the information Scott ( and Sue of course)

We send our love and blessings to David from Germany. Be strong buddy,
    We love you and we want to meet at Swannanoa again soon!
    Mike,...
  10. Replies
    Views

David Surette's health

David has been battling with cancer for quite a few years and decided to go public with it in a recent note to his mailing list. I was unaware of any of this and so asked for his and Susie's...
  11. Thread: RIP Arthur Stern

by Dawg
    Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Arthur Stern

I was deeply saddened and shocked to receive this news. Arthur was a brilliant artist and a true friend for over 40 years. His studio/home in Oakland was our playroom and hangout in the early days of...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

I went with Surf Green! Distressed by vintagerelic.com

13. Replies
    Views

Re: Hamlett number 13

So I managed to get my hands on Lucky this summer, although a severed long finger tendon on my left hand has kept me from playing until this week. Came in a nice Bobelock case that I cleaned up, and...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mando... Hamlett Two-Point

Hey Everyone!

I couldn’t resist. Here’s a brief, informal video capturing some of the sound. More later!

https://youtu.be/WCDBPACBAUg
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis Archive - We need your help!

Hey Baron,
    When I get a chance in a few days I'll make a sound clip of it amplified and get a few better pics of the pick up install. Will PM you with the results.
    Bob
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis Archive - We need your help!

I have #20. Just got it back from Tom. He updated the tail piece, refretted and did a general set up. A great early example of Tom’s brilliance.
  17. Re: Where did the tab edit files on Mandozine go?

We are bringing back the TablEdit files. Here is the link:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/te/

Larry
  18. Mandolin Track and More at Fiddle Hell Online, April 15-18, 2021

Hi Mandolin Café Friends! Our new schedule and instructor list are posted at https://FiddleHell.org, and registration is open for Fiddle Hell Online, April 15-18, 2021. Our mandolin...
  19. Replies
    Views

Stolen mandolin recovered!

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a very happy story with you, and it's really only happy because of the help of this wonderful community here on Mandolin Cafe!

Earlier last year our shop was...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Day!

She's a beauty, that's for sure. Recording coming.
  21. Replies
    Views

Pro 35 microphone mounting solution

Here’s a solution for mounting an Audio-Technica Pro 35 mic that I hadn’t seen before, so I thought I’d share it. Apologies if it’s been done before (and I’m sure it has).

I’ve seen folks simply...
  22. Thread: Ok, who dunnit?

by TAlex
    Replies
    Views

Re: Ok, who dunnit?

It was me. I have never posted on Mandolin Cafe but I can review the Gilchrist when I receive it next week. I’ve been wanting one for a while and when I saw it for sale I called Carter and bought it.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Hollow Body Electric Tenors

Baron, that sounds great....both the guitar and the playing!
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Hollow Body Electric Tenors

Ooh that’s pretty Baron
  25. Re: An (incomplete) list of recorded black mandolinists

Don't forget Alvin Youngblood Hart

i-_4QfOAYc8
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4