Search:

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: I am on this board to learn!

Hang in there. The use of "codes and insider-collector shorthand" will be typical for any group of folks with a specialized interest. It isn't generally intended to be excluding, but is just a way...
  2. Thread: Playing level

by Andy B
    Replies
    Views

Re: Playing level

Another skill that belongs to “advanced intermediate” and “advanced” players is the ability to kick off a song (vocal number) with a kick off that is in time, makes it clear to the rest of the group...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: David Grisman's Dawg pick

Sorry, it is possible, but keep workin' on that computer nut thing. You might get it.

Same information as what is on the Dawg's site or below.

4. Thread: Playing level

by Br1ck
    Replies
    Views

I've been hitting the mandolin in a serious way for the three years I've been playing one. Three hours per day, mostly fairly task oriented playing. It is exciting times for me because in the last...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: David Grisman's Dawg pick

I’m no computer nut but I don’t think they’ve ever made a version of Flash for iPad.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Silverangel praise

Well... you joined in 2013, and there have been innumerable references to "Ken" (Ratcliff) in the years since, so many that I'd almost defy anyone to count - so I am guessing that yes, most would...
  7. Thread: Playing level

by Jess L.
    Replies
    Views

Hmm. Well... I'd say something like these...

Beginner:

Has difficulty making the notes sound clear/clean.
    Has problems with timing/rhythm.
    Doesn't feel quite at ease or comfortable with...
  8. Replies
    Views

The Slocan Ramblers

An 1hr 34min and 51sec very well spent watching this great performance by "The Slocan Ramblers"
    Listen to the third song, its a wonderful instrumental called "Galilee"
    I have their last couple of...
  9. one of my most fav Mandolin Orange -Harvest Moon

oldie but its so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4u00tZpy8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4u00tZpy8w
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Walmart Mandolins on Clearance!

Goodness.
  11. Re: The new Sorensen 2020 X-Series mandolins . . .

Eli Wildman recorded this version of "Brilliancy" from a practice room at Berklee School of Music today --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZI7wphQ_Lg&feature=youtu.be

Steve
  12. Re: The new Sorensen 2020 X-Series mandolins . . .

Another X-Series prototype that has been hiding in plain sight and getting some real world exposure is Eli Wildman's SX Prototype --

Played by Eli -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7_VHqT5pbQ...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Separation of Singing and Playing

I experience this acutely when learning new songs. With tunes I've been playing a while, it seems that "muscle memory" takes control and it all just flows...except for that embarrasing moment not...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin-Driven String Bands

I've posted this before.....here it is again!

It's very very good.

B-9D_Y3B_3w

Also available on iTunes.
  15. Re: The new Sorensen 2020 X-Series mandolins . . .

Rusty,

Thanks!

All four of the 2020 X-Series designs (AX, SX, VX, and Sprite2X) are built around the new Sorensen "Fusion Frame" that unifies blocking, kerfing, and side support, and the top...
  16. Thread: Primetone

by Bob Visentin
    Replies
    Views

Re: Primetone

Me too!
  17. Re: Name this tune Emory Lester is playing...

Thank you administrator!......it is indeed 'Forever True', which is a song I wrote back in 1993, and has been recorded on my old 'Emory Lester Set' album, and another version of it on an album I did...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Walmart Mandolins on Clearance!

Whoa! Check out that bridge tilt! That’s some serious compensation!

If it is a rebranded Rogue, and I strongly suspect that because of the strong resemblance, it’s a good buy for someone will to...
  19. Re: Amplifying an Eastman 305; pickup, amp or DI question (newbie

Thanks for all the tips! I decided to go with the K&K twin Internal system. My drummer is pretty skilled in electronics and wood work and is gonna drill the jack hole for me. For now, I ordered the...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Flamekeeper Documentary on Amazon!

Thank you so much for this. What a great way to spend a Sunday morning.
  21. Replies
    Views

Flamekeeper Documentary on Amazon!

All,

Just wanted you to know that a fantastic documentary on Michael Cleveland is out on Amazon for rent or purchase. NFI on my part, but I was so humbled and amazed by his story. Lots of...
  22. Replies
    Views

Mystery of the Magical Mandolin

Killing some time at Crossroads Music in Port Townsend while waiting for my daughter I tried out #165 from a local builder, James Curtis. This is an A style body with f holes like quarter note rests...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Pick ups ?

Not used the tonedexter, but I am using the M300 and it is by far my favorite pickup for mandolin. Very natural sound, hot output, and strong signal to feedback. It's a pricey option, but was worth...
  24. Re: Amplifying an Eastman 305; pickup, amp or DI question (newbie

I had a 305 and it sounded great through one of these: http://www.jjb-electronics.com/The_Marcato.html ... much more affordable than others and just as good. I played it through a LR Baggs Para...
  25. Thread: Pick ups ?

by Br1ck
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pick ups ?

Is anyone using the Fishman M300 with a tonedexter? This would seem to have the best feedback resistance with the added benefit of your mandolin's miced sound.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4