Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Adam Steffey steps away from the business

Yeah, I saw it on Bluegrass Today also. Bummer for me. Hard to believe. Especially changing careers all together (BTW, I did the same thing). What a certified monster talent he is. My favorite...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Question for Grassers

The bluegrass band I'm in (Fine Line Bluegrass) does the song. Our female mandolin player does a great job of singing it.
  3. Thinking about a custom built Hinde mandolin...

...I've read nothing but great things about them. He's made them (and guitars) for quite a few big names including Rick Faris and Nick Dumas of Special Consensus, Junior Sisk, and Wayne Benson, just...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson F9 vs Collings MF - 2017 edition

What cuyuga red said. I'll tell you a little secret if you promise not to tell anyone. Promise? OK. I traded a Red Diamond (RD) 1922 David Grisman "Crusher" model to get the F5G. Shhhh!

OK, OK,...
  5. Re: For the price of a single Harley Davidson...

Nothing like a Black Lightening Vincent 1952. OK, you can take it from there. ;)
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: New Bluegrass Music Forum Is Excellent!!

I mean no disrespect, Brian, but this is exactly why forums fail before they even begin. It's up to you (if you're a BG fan) and I and anyone else interested in BG music to make a BG forum...
  7. Replies
    Views

New Bluegrass Music Forum Is Excellent!!

I visited a new bluegrass music forum this past week and have been VERY impressed. For those of you who are bluegrass musicians or fans there is something for everyone on The Bluegrass Hangout. There...
  8. Re: AWESOME "People Get Ready" cover (Sierra Hull)

I played this song in my church several months ago. Beautiful Curtis Mayfield song.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mark O'Connor is playing mandolin again!

Great. Yet another instrument he makes me sound like a total amateur on.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Whats up with Mandos?

Isn't that like the wag dogging the tail? :grin:

Tom
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Opinions On The Gibson F5G

Mine's an October 7th, 2014, Dave Harvey signed. It's a good'n.

Tom
  12. Replies
    Views

Opinions On The Gibson F5G

Just curious if anyone else here owns or has played one of these. I've played and stood in front and listened to 3 of these and each one sounded surprisingly good. Very consistently great sounding...
  13. Re: Mandolins in $9k - $14K range that sound close to a Gilchrist

I've heard Red Diamonds are every bit the mandolin as Gilchrists. But I've not played or heard a Gilchrist so I don't honestly know.

Tom
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass instruments

What Ivan and Allen said.

Tom
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: The Cox Family

Mike, funny you should mention that song. My band rehearsed it last night. The Cox Family are such a wonderful band. Tremendous voices and over all talent. I hope they're still gigging.

Tom
  16. Re: Have you ever been ridiculed for your choice in instrument?

Hey...I'm a guitar player. And I'm tellin' my mom!

Tom
  17. Re: Anyone here own, heard, or played an Altman mandolin?

I'm asking more out of curiosity since I own 2 Altman guitars. I'm not about to part with my Red Diamond. Sounds like their mandolins and guitars are of similar quality.

Tom
  18. Re: newest flash sketching bluegrass movie, Lake Havasu 2013

So, there is lake front property in Arizona?

Tom
  19. Re: Saw Dailey And Vincent For The Second Time Last Night...

Man, tough crowd. Different strokes, I guess. But I'm a pretty hokey, boring, and predictable person. I really am. And I probably should add unsophisticated. So, there ya' go.

Tom
  20. Thread: pick?

by drbluegrass
    Replies
    Views

Re: pick?

I use a BC TAD 60 1R. It's gooder'n anything.

Tom
  21. Re: Dear Abby: Concerning being a responsible band member...

This is me to a "T". Since we're not full-time pros (I used to be) it's all about the fun of playing for me. I refer to myself as a "serious hobbyist". I'm serious about my personal playing and...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Rob Meldrum's mandolin set-up

Top notch stuff, Rob. Tremendously useful. Thank you so very much.

Tom