Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

14 years today!

Just noticed I joined the Cafe 14 years ago today! 9/11
    My how time flies. Been through 5 mandolins since then. A Mid Mo, 2 Flatirons and 2 Gibson Ferns.

Used to post all the time but now...
  2. Re: Songs of any style that all mandolon players should know

You ain't a mandolin player until you can play Rawhide!! And make it your own don't copy Monroe!! LOL!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Marshall AS50D Acoustic Amp

I like it so much I have two of them. I use them with slant back racks and mostly use it for coffee house type gigs.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin as an Investment !

Ahh life is short ... buy the mandolin. you could be hit by a bus tomorrow! LOL! And you are right if you are shrewd and get a good quality used mandolin at a good price you will sell it and make...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Stuck in D and G...

For fun I like to play fiddle tunes in every key. I might have to search some but usually i can get it. it's good practice and it anoys the heck out of my buddies when i play Angeline the Baker in C!...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Gordon Lightfoot (no mandolin content)

Oh little things like a mortgage, food and a wife that spends like you are still on top! :))
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: How long does it take

I once read a quote by somebody famous who said it takes 20 years to master anything! :grin:

But seriously .... with music it's not the destination but the journey. Everybody has different...
  8. Re: Post your favorite clips from U-Tube, let's start a collectio

I like this clip. It never fails to inspire me...

hSnUwA6c67k
  9. Re: Shure SM57 - good mic for home recording? Live?

No an SM57 would not be the best choice for recording.

Most recording is done with a condenser mic. I own several SM-57's (and 58's for vocal) and they are good instrument mics for live...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: How do you get better at the mandolin?

The skills increase when you "work" at it.

Musicians plateau on an instrument when they lose there passion for it or they get so busy with life, work etc. that music gets put on a back burner.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: radiused fretboard vs non

All I've ever owned or played where flat fret boards and I just can't get used to a radiased board. I suppose I could just keep playing it and one day get used to it but I just don't feel the need.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Steffey F5, anyone?

wow! I am always amazed at the different ways how people will percieve something, I guess thats why I always hear "sound is so subjective"

I have heard both (Thile and Ronnie) play and I thought...
  13. Replies
    Views

I've thought about getting a Fern tattoo on a...

I've thought about getting a Fern tattoo on a shoulder as I sport a few tats already but then I think what if I get angry with Gibson like Big Mon did I can't scratch it out or walk around with a...
  14. Replies
    Views

I'm about half way through the book and I love...

I'm about half way through the book and I love it. It is packed with good usable stuff.

But I can tell I may have to go over the book again or maybe a few times to get everything to stick. Hard to...
  15. Replies
    Views

Just got Brad's book yesterday and started on it...

Just got Brad's book yesterday and started on it today. It looks just as he described it, made for intermediate players looking to go to the next level.

It looks very interesting and I hope it...
  16. It's just you dude because with ANY instrument...

It's just you dude because with ANY instrument you can make people cry.... either because it is so beautiful or because they wish you would stop.

Even a mandolin as beautiful as it can sound in...