Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Lisa Germano

by j-hill
    Replies
    Views

Re: Lisa Germano

Grew up outside of Bloomington, IN so a big fan of all things Mellencamp (and related). I loved the song, You Make Me Want To Wear Dresses.

https://youtu.be/ohldk_DzcLk?si=YL3XhqQxpjuaBrkC
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: block inlay patterns

I had a Stiver built a number of years ago with a block inlay. I really liked the result.

3. Replies
    Views

Re: Who is Stangeland?

I had this same question a number of years ago and did some investigation. His transcriptions have been such a gift to the mandolin community. I think this is his current site: ...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Desk clamp hanger?

I had wanted something like this, too. The Hercules Ukulele Clamp (Model USP20CB) works great. It's very sturdy to the desk and on the mandolin. ...
  5. Replies
    Views

You Don't Have To Move That Mountain

What's the general consensus on the chords to You Don't Have To Move That Mountain by Nickel Creek? The song goes by Great High Mountain when Larry Sparks does it.

Below is how I have typically...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Andy Statman's Kimble F5

I couldn't own that mandolin because it would take away one of my favorite excuses. If I played that mandolin I would no doubt still sound terrible and then I could only blame my poor skills. Now...
  7. Re: Playing it proudly and taking care of it for the next generat

Not to be too sentimental but in our disposable world, it's great to have something like an instrument that will be passed to future generations.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Tab or Notation for Roanoke?

You can find several tabs for Roanoke on Mandozine

Also, there are two versions on The Cafe

Hope this helps
    Jason